PDA

View Full Version : African Dwarf Frog Question

tomchartjr
04-08-2008, 06:56 AM
So, I have had my African Dwarf Frog for over a week and he seems to be in good health, very lively, and comfortable with his tank mates.

I feel like this is kind of silly but I have never seen him eat anything and that slightly worries me. I think he must be eating sunken food off the bottum of the tank because he is still alive and active after over a week. I just wanted to see if anyone else with ADF's knew if it is common to actually see them feed and if so "how" do they...off the bottum?

I feed the tank with freeze dried flakes, sinking shrimp pellets, and freeze dried blood worms.

Thanks in advance for the input.

angelcakes
04-08-2008, 07:19 AM
its common to see them eat, you are giving the right food,but instead of giving frezze dried bloodworm try frozen bloodworm not dried.they will eat at the top of the tank, bottom,if you want to see them eat put a cube of tubifex in(you can use freezed dried) so it floats at the top (1 a week only) dont fret so much if hes happy and fat,contented he is eating,but they also like to hide......so maybe eating when youre not looking, dont forget giving flakes they go all over the tank so they may also be sinking in front of him if hiding and hes eating that way.:19:

helot13
04-08-2008, 04:12 PM
ditto. I would stay away from the pellets unless you have other fish that will bottom feed. The shrimp pellets I have used will rot and cause fungus. I feed mine frozen blood worms and they love them.

Angila
04-11-2008, 12:18 AM
i used to have an african clawed frog he ate tubifex worms but what was so cool is i would squeeze the tubifex worms (freeze died) until they where mushy and then i would put it n front of his face and hand feed him... it was awesome till he ate a crap load of my ghost shrimp