PDA

View Full Version : Gsp

nestquick
04-08-2008, 06:02 AM
have anyone gotten their puffer to eat pellets. besides snail what foods are able to help in trimming their beak. not of my lfs have snails

angelcakes
04-08-2008, 07:25 AM
im guessing green spotted puffer.......something cheap would be earthworms i used to feed my puffer these ,if a small puffer chop the worms,big give them whole......there good to watch when there chasing them:19:

helot13
04-08-2008, 04:07 PM
no pellets. they don't really dig the flake either. live or frozen foods are all I feed mine. sometimes I can get them to take freeze-dried bloodworms or krill.

nestquick
04-08-2008, 06:34 PM
currently my gsp eats the pellets

sanddigger
04-13-2008, 02:29 AM
Again, you must remember, GSP have beaks, which keep growing, (just like a rodent) and require crunchy foods, snails, ghost shrimps, etc. to keep their beak at bay. The SG is to be considered, with the lenght of the GSP. At this point all I can say is Good Luck?

Angila
04-22-2008, 02:57 PM
i am haveing an issue feeding mine to i just discovered ruby red feeder fish he chomped them down in no time i don't know if the fish bones will do the same for his beak as a snail though. Also u have to make sure the fish is dead or dying before feeding it to him or he will never catch it