PDA

View Full Version : AC business cards (sample)

pinsonpa
04-08-2008, 05:25 AM
I posted this in another thread but realized it should probably be separate. I've often wished I had a polically correct way to suggest this site to people that I run into who share an interest in aquarium keeping.

I plan to keep a few cards in my wallet and anytime I feel it's appropriate, I'll hand one out in an attempt to introduce someone to this incredible resource.

doug z
04-08-2008, 05:32 AM
Easier than fumbling around looking for a pen and some scrap paper, for sure!

pinsonpa
04-08-2008, 05:43 AM
True,

I have a message into William, just to make sure it's ok for me to print these (with the AC logo). Ellen4God is designing one too. If William would prefer me to not use the AC logo then I'll see if Ellen will allow me to print the one she's working on.

I don't see myself handing them out on the street corner or anything, but I can think of a few times just in the last month where I wished I had thought to tell someone about this place (often fellow fish store customers).

doug z
04-08-2008, 05:46 AM
Yup, you bet..

Good idea..

Arkie
04-08-2008, 09:01 AM
they look good. very clever :19:

sailor
04-08-2008, 11:38 AM
They would be great to hand out as I have recommended this site to a lot of beggining aquariasts at work.

jbeining75
04-08-2008, 11:40 AM
They would be great to hand out as I have recommended this site to a lot of beggining aquariasts at work.

Bravo!!!! Good idea... :19:

TowBoater
04-08-2008, 11:42 AM
If I could get them then I would put them at my local LFS for sure!

Wild Turkey
04-08-2008, 03:15 PM
This is an excellent idea, i often wish i had cards to just hand out to noobs at my lfs whenever they ask the employees a Q

Tooch
04-08-2008, 03:17 PM
They are fancy, too! Good idea!

sandy_n
04-08-2008, 05:25 PM
What a great idea for bringing in new members! :ezpi_wink1:

digital3
04-08-2008, 05:47 PM
I think that's a great idea! I hope William and the mods are cool with it... Cuz I would love to carry some of those around.

pinsonpa
04-08-2008, 10:04 PM
Thanks for the nice comments about the cards everyone, but please note that I made a pretty big mistake when I attached those cards to my post without first getting approval.

William has now seen the card(s) and he has given me the green light to print and hand them out in my community, when appropriate. However, I'm not sure how far this extends. We may want to all wait for an official word from him before we all start printing these or other cards.

I just don't want to compound my original mistake.

cocoa_pleco
04-08-2008, 10:30 PM
looks good!

just thought i'd point out classifieds in the card is spelt with only 1 s

pinsonpa
04-08-2008, 10:48 PM
Thanks for catching that cocoa_pleco! Sure glad I haven't printed any yet:hmm3grin2orange:

Radio KJ
04-09-2008, 02:17 AM
Personally I'm not a fan of overuse of exclamation marks, but otherwise the cards look very nice. But I'm afraid I still prefer to just write the address on one of my personal business cards. :hmm3grin2orange:

William
04-09-2008, 07:42 AM
William has now seen the card(s) and he has given me the green light to print and hand them out in my community, when appropriate. However, I'm not sure how far this extends. We may want to all wait for an official word from him before we all start printing these or other cards.

Ellen4god is also working on cards. Once she has done her as well I will look at both cards and give them my blessing to be generally used. Look for the announcement.

Ellen4God
04-09-2008, 08:21 PM
I'm working on the business cards - I want to have them finished by tonight. I'm having some trouble though because I have the new Microsoft Office software (2007 version), and so sometimes the fonts I use aren't supported on the older versions. That means if I use a font that isn't good for the older version, it will change to a different font, which will sometimes alter how things look if I have it spaced a certain way. I've struggled with this a lot this semester with assignments and such. lol But, I'm getting there, and will hopefully have it completed soon! Sorry for the delay.

William
04-09-2008, 08:35 PM
I'm working on the business cards - I want to have them finished by tonight. I'm having some trouble though because I have the new Microsoft Office software (2007 version), and so sometimes the fonts I use aren't supported on the older versions. That means if I use a font that isn't good for the older version, it will change to a different font, which will sometimes alter how things look if I have it spaced a certain way. I've struggled with this a lot this semester with assignments and such. lol But, I'm getting there, and will hopefully have it completed soon! Sorry for the delay.

Delay? I didnīt know you had a deadline, whenever you got the time is fine by me.

Tigerbarb
04-09-2008, 11:33 PM
This definitly seems like the perfect thing AC needs! thumbs2:
An organised, official, welcoming (and fancy :P) way for a member to advertise AC. :19:

Blue Ram
04-09-2008, 11:59 PM
This is a clever idea!!!

smcurry83
04-10-2008, 12:06 AM
WHAT A HORRIBLE IDEA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

J/K I like it.....a lot better than trying to tell people about it who aren't going to remember the site by the time they get home! Great thinking guys!

LosC
04-10-2008, 12:55 AM
Cool we can be official AC Reps.