PDA

View Full Version : Angel Compatability

ncbuckeye
04-07-2008, 01:54 AM
Hey all, I have some friends that have or are interest in getting angels, what fish are they compatible with?

cocoa_pleco
04-07-2008, 01:57 AM
theyre okay with larger tetras, and most other community fish as long as the other fish arent small, and wont bug the angels because of how slow they swim

Demi ^_^
04-07-2008, 06:56 AM
My Angels get along great with my Glowlites, Kiuhli Loach, Corys, BN's, Gourami + my bala sharks...

Good choices of tetras, are also Bleeding Heart Tetras, Congo Tetras and Skirt Tetras.

Lady Hobbs
04-07-2008, 06:57 AM
No neons or cardinals, for sure.

mitcore
04-07-2008, 08:32 AM
any fish that is listed in my 4ft com tank list

Lady Hobbs
04-08-2008, 04:59 PM
Quick tip.......angels really don't get very well together unless you have mates separated and in their own tanks. If not, there's always agression and the others hiding to stay away from the dominates. At least 15 gallons per angel with more even better. Mine did fine with danios, rasbora's, corys, clown loaches, tetra's (not neon's), silver dollars, etc.

helot13
04-08-2008, 05:02 PM
I have mine with clown loaches, red tail sharks, bala sharks and gouramis. There is even a pea puffer in there along with a wood shrimp. So long as they are not breeding they are pretty passive fish and not very fast, so you will want to keep most barbs and other fast nipping fish out of the tank.

kitten3326
04-09-2008, 12:10 PM
I have mine with rasbora's, cories, cherry barbs, 2 blue german rams and there is even a discus in there right now, while waiting for there tank to cycle completely. Everyone is getting along wonderfully:)

yangjay
04-19-2008, 04:47 AM
I've got two angels with a dwarf gourami. My question is...how will cherry shrimp work with these fishes?

siymdapolio
04-19-2008, 04:50 AM
I agree with all the above posts! And its great to see mitcore!!! WOOT WOOT!! howdy!

Anyways
to answer your question yangjay they shrimp will do fine with angels BUT make sure they have hiding spaces or a full grown angel will go after some shrimp specially if you havent kept them on a full belly :)
Take care everybody!