PDA

View Full Version : help

Johnnyboy
04-06-2008, 10:06 PM
I have a pair of percula clownfish that just layed eggs on the back wall of my tank, what do I do to enable their survival? Here are my tank specifications to help you help me; 75 gallon reef tank with cleaner shrimp, crabs, lobster, dwarf hawk fish, strawberry blenny, sixline wrasse, yellow tang, foxface butterfly and many invertabrates, my ammonia, nitrate, nitrite, phosphate are zero. My PH is 8.2, my calcium is 400, my salinity is 1.023 , my temp. is 78. Can you help these babies survive?:19:

siymdapolio
04-06-2008, 10:17 PM
Awesome and congrats on the eggs!! Woot!!
I cannot help you here,, Iknow freshwater. But i am positive someone willl drop in.

Siymdapolio(Shines cocoa_pleco symbol in the skies!)

And since you are new here dont be afraid to post a introduction post in the introduce yourself thread and tell everyone you have arrived to AC to let us know!!:19: :19: :19: :19:

unleashed
04-06-2008, 11:21 PM
Sorry, but there is now way you will be able to raise this batch. Clownfish fry are not fully developed at birth and therefore, go through many different stages of metamorphisis. It takes many months of hard work to get the fry to a healthy size

Luckily for you, you now have free fish and coral food.

spudbuds
04-07-2008, 05:56 AM
You would need a seperate tank to move the eggs to and then some rotifers and newly hatched brine shrimp to feed initially. And you are looking at months of daily work to get them grown enough to move them to a new home. If it's something you really want to do, it can be done. It just needs some up front planning and some dedication. Good luck if you decide to give it a try.

Here (http://www.advancedaquarist.com/2007/2/fish) is a pretty good article on the work involved.

BTW, Welcome to the forum!
- Bill