PDA

View Full Version : Hybrids

Cichlid*Newbie
04-06-2008, 06:39 PM
So walmar has these white cichlids..they are really nice looking....i have 2 zebras and 2 kenyi's...i believe the white one is african as well? Wondering if a couple of them would go well with the other 4...i also need to get a bottom feeder as well...anything else besides a pleco, as they don't have any...

goleafs
04-06-2008, 07:25 PM
I'm sort of confused are they called white cichlids or are they white cichlids?

For a bottom feeder you could get a siamese algae eater but a bristlenose pleco would probably be better.

Dixie
04-06-2008, 07:59 PM
Maybe the white ones are albino socolofi. I've seen them in Walmart before. What kind of zebras do you have? Red zebras (metriaclima estherae)? What size tank?
If I can get it to work, here's a pic of one of my albino socolofi. Is that what you saw? Did it have red eyes?
http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee183/Dixie_57/resized41-1.jpg

Cichlid*Newbie
04-06-2008, 09:27 PM
Yeah that looksl like them...they had the red eyes...

Um just a 29 gallon for now..i may upgrade as i hear that will eventually be too small...for now they're pretty teeny though..i plan on adding more rock and caves...

Cichlid*Newbie
04-06-2008, 09:28 PM
I'm sort of confused are they called white cichlids or are they white cichlids?

For a bottom feeder you could get a siamese algae eater but a bristlenose pleco would probably be better.

They're white...i believe its what is in the pic posted above...i dont think they had any algae eaters, they had a few types of catfish ... maybe they will get some in eventually.

Cichlid*Newbie
04-08-2008, 02:00 AM
The ones at the lfs are called "Snow White Cichlids

jman
04-08-2008, 02:03 AM
see if you can get some natural ones at ur LFS having hybed fish doesn't always work well.

RainMan
04-08-2008, 02:08 AM
They are albino cichlids.... probably a albino socolofi like Dixie said.... also called a Snow White Socolofi.

I have no experience with them.... but, I imagine they are peaceful (in mbuna terms) like other socolofi. I usually stay away from albino variations of animals.

jman
04-08-2008, 02:12 AM
they are peaceful and they act just like Pseudotropheus
just make sure it's not hybrid because the hybrids have caused problems within my tanks

Cichlid*Newbie
04-08-2008, 02:57 PM
I think im going to stick to the fish that i have now...and see how it goes..i added a synodontis yesterday for bottom feeding.