PDA

View Full Version : Feeding Bolivian?

Ryuu
04-06-2008, 04:16 PM
mmk, sorry, I bought a GBR wich turned out to be a bolivian, (go figure)... About a half hour ago I bought Hikari chichlid pellets and Hikari chchlid gold, they did not have sinking pellets, so I had to get the floating ones, the only problem is that my bolivian wont go to the top to eat because of all my other fish, is there any way that I can get the pellets to sink? Or will he just have to be hungry enough to go up there? sorry if I posted in wrong section...

Incredulous_Ed
04-07-2008, 06:51 PM
You will have to get sinking pellets. I have almost never seen my rams go to the top to feed. I have had very good luck with NLS Thera+a 1mm sinking.

Kaga's Kritters
04-08-2008, 12:55 AM
my bolivian goes to the top to feed all the time.

Incredulous_Ed
04-08-2008, 02:56 AM
Weird. Mine are like always lower dwelling.

LosC
04-08-2008, 03:57 AM
I bought Hikari Cichlid Gold floating pellets for my Ballon Ram and I was excited to get him on a high quality diet but I had the same problem as you. I tried getting him hungry enough and he eventually came up to see what was floating but he seemed freightened to get the food. He ended up eating alongside my Corys which was pretty funny to watch but he became aggressive towards them. I bought sinking pellets for him and I feed him at different times than my Corys but I dont think he realizes it's food because he will put it in his mouth and spit out over and over for a couple times and will than leave it alone, my newly introduced GBR does the same.