PDA

View Full Version : Goldfish??

Ghostknife
04-06-2008, 11:49 AM
Hi,
I was at a friends house, her mother has 3 fish, which have grown enormously, they have lived together in a 20gallon tank (I think). They look very much like fan tails but have grown so much in that space, I think they may be a different breed, as I understand they stunt growth if the space is not there to grow.

Also, there is alot of algae around the tank. One is losing scales, the other has a fin disease (white dots), and the other seems fine. What should I do. I don't think the tank is big enough, but I don't have the cash to buy a new tank for them. The shop will take them, but I think the people will lose alot of cash. What should I do??

Ghostknife
04-06-2008, 01:30 PM
Has nobody got any advise!?? Anybody able to house new fish??

Halelorf
04-07-2008, 02:41 AM
Are the white spots all over the fishes body or do they look like white pimples just around the gill covers and pectoral fins? If they arn't covering the body there's a good chance it's a male goldfish showing it's breeding tuberacles. If it covers the body then it is ich. When my goldfish begin to get into the breeding season they knock each other around and loose scales so I think that might be what you are seeing. Hope that helps!

Ghostknife
04-07-2008, 07:57 AM
Hmm?? The spots are on his fins, not his body! Its actually a white Gold Fish, so I could not see them anywhere else! But definitely on his fins. That might be good news then!!!

Thanks