PDA

View Full Version : We have eggs!

Lisa's Angels
04-06-2008, 01:49 AM
The angels have laid their eggs. I couldn't get the heater to stay down at the bottom of the tank, so they laid their eggs on it. There's only about 20-25 eggs and I doubt they'll keep the tank mates from eating them, but it's a start.

OscarFan
04-06-2008, 01:59 AM
Thats good. That means they might breed again to.

Lisa's Angels
04-06-2008, 02:03 AM
I'm hoping...My first pair I had took a couple of spawns to figure out what they were doing. I'm watching these two and so far they're doing good about keeping the other fish away. But then there's times they're out looking for food, other spawning sites, or who knows what.

Ghostknife
04-06-2008, 02:04 AM
They will protect the best they can. I was in an LFS, & the two parents were to the left, with their eggs, while every other fish in the same tank were over on the right. The parents would not anything else near em. You may be surprised.

Good luck with them!!

Lisa's Angels
04-06-2008, 07:15 PM
The male is doing most of the work. The female goes over and helps occasionally. But they're keeping the other fish at bay and the eggs survived the night. Only 2 are cloudy.

They're keeping the other fish at the bottom of the tank. As soon as one goes to the top, they chase them away. But at least they're letting the others eat.

Ryuu
04-06-2008, 07:20 PM
Congrats =D

goleafs
04-06-2008, 07:31 PM
Gratz, I hope you can atleast get a few fry.

Fishalicious
04-06-2008, 07:36 PM
Huraaaah the start is there... once they start there is no stopping them :hmm3grin2orange: The first few eggs never usualy go very far but they get better at it - Enjoy!! And I hope your other fish don't get too much of a battering from them

Lisa's Angels
04-06-2008, 10:48 PM
The two fish in there that are getting the worst of the beating are the mollies. The angels couldn't care less about the variatus that swims close to the eggs, but the mollies could be at the other end of the tank and they get nailed. I'm about to set up my 3 gallon Eclipse and put the mollies in there since they aren't thriving in the big tank.

Lisa's Angels
04-07-2008, 11:47 PM
Pretty much all of the eggs are white now. Poo. The male was doing such a good job caring for them. He still is.

Should I scrape them off the heater and let the other fish have a treat, or just wait till he loses interest and stops guarding them from the other fish?