PDA

View Full Version : Bolivian Ram?

Ryuu
04-06-2008, 12:35 AM
Well turns out my blue ram is really a bolivian, dumb petco, so anyways any things I should know? I have read up on them and they seem to be very nice community fish, I have alot (there in my sig) so I need one like that and yes im aware im overstolked im getting a larger tank ASAP

heres the best pic I could get hes kinda camera shy at times and others he is amodel

http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg241/FishMan74589/DSC_0001-1.jpg

Incredulous_Ed
04-07-2008, 06:52 PM
They kinda like being in groups, rather than single. What size tank is he in?

Ryuu
04-07-2008, 11:38 PM
a 10g I only have one in there, I asked the guy at the fish store and he said, that you can "fit" one in a 10g so maybe...

Kaga's Kritters
04-08-2008, 12:45 AM
i have one, i did have two and at first they picked at each other then the got along, but didn't really swim together much. i have thought about getting more though, they are nice looking fish. do you have anything else in the tank with him? if not you could probably do a 10 gal with 3 or 4 in it, but that would be it.

jman
04-08-2008, 01:01 AM
yeah so i like had all the rams there is and this one like mentioned above loves neing in groups. they are bery peaceful and if your interested in planted aquariums they do swell right along with them. i also noticed that u can tell if they are doing o.k. when all the colors you see like yellow, bright pink or red trim and greys are full they are normally healthy. they can be determined if full or not just by looking at there sides. don't overfeed but feed them to where there body looks tight and they will become playful. go good along with numerous peaceful dwarf cichlids... mine got along with 2 other types of rams, a medium green terror, and some cockatoos (alot more community fish also)
They like knowing they have hiding places though if you have enough they won't hardly stay in them because they won't fear.
30gallon tanks hold about a good full grown 3 of them happily
they love brine shrimp
the yellow around the mouth area tells you how stressed they are once they have settled in-the more yellow naturally the better
breeding is easy if they are comfortable one male 2 females works swell
the good hiding places with smooth rocks scattered helps to pick mating site

anything else ya wanna know i probably could answer...i kinda miss mine i sold it back to the fish store and i came back like the next day or so and ya know it was gone along with the ither 3 rams. The people in the store were like why, why, why? aren't you keeping it i just hope i am as successful with the saltwater reef tanks.