PDA

View Full Version : Synspilums

Juannie
11-03-2006, 05:49 AM
I have no idea if I've spelt that correctly, but does anyone have any thoughts or knowledge on these beautiful fish. I have a female who loves to lay eggs, but don't have a mate. She's rather large and blind in one eye (due to popeye from a piece of slate). I would love to find her a mate but I've read that it can be quite difficult. She's in my split tank with my oscar (he's rather grumpy at the moment), I've only just moved her back in and my jag out - he's suddenly way too aggressive.

Any thoughts appreciated.

Lady Hobbs
11-03-2006, 11:25 AM
I tried to find something on the net about them but all I can find is that they are hard to mate and get very, very large. Not much is said about them.

Juannie
11-13-2006, 02:51 AM
Thanks Hobbs,
It seems to be trial and error. I have a girlfriend who has one and it's probably twice the size of mine. Her husband put it in the goldfish pond outside - of course we both freaked, by the time i found out it was 2wks later and i told them to get it back into it's tank. It ended up with fungus all over it, though luckily it's healing really well - it was rather pale until i realised they didn't have a heater on the tank. They've got a heater on there and the fish is beautiful. Very very aggressive fish though, attacks the glass whenever anyone goes near. Seems no one know's much about them as stunning as they are.