PDA

View Full Version : Got a GBR for my BR

LosC
04-05-2008, 07:47 PM
I bought one of the GBR's I seen the other day, a female. My male Balloon Ram has been showing interest in her. He stays near her not close but in the same area of the tank. He nips at her sometimes, he's a little aggressive towards her. She is very still at the moment, doesn't really move much. She's been in my tank for an hour now so she is still very stressed from the move. She was trippin out in the bag so I only acclimated her for a half hour (maybe not a good move). My little guy won't take his eyes off her. Oh and I think she made my neon's start shoaling.

Ryuu
04-05-2008, 08:12 PM
awesome get some pics soon? I just bought well, rescued my BR, dunno what the diffrence is beetween a GBR and a BR but anyways, so far its my fav fish, now I need to buy some of the chiclid food... anyways thats awersome

LosC
04-05-2008, 08:15 PM
awesome get some pics soon? I just bought well, rescued my BR, dunno what the diffrence is beetween a GBR and a BR but anyways, so far its my fav fish, now I need to buy some of the chiclid food... anyways thats awersome

I'll get some pics up in the next couple days. The only difference I've noticed between GBR's and BR's is the body shape, BR's are shaped round like a coin. GBR's are shaped like a long oval.

jbeining75
04-05-2008, 09:52 PM
Congrats Carlos looking forward to seeing the new addition....

Ellen4God
04-06-2008, 12:11 AM
Congrats!!! We'll be excited to see the pictures. :)

LosC
04-06-2008, 12:55 AM
Thankyou, congratulations to fishman too. Fishman, you might want to get sinking pellets instead of floating ones. I've had a hell of a time trying to feed my BR floating pellets.

Ryuu
04-06-2008, 02:27 AM
Thankyou, congratulations to fishman too. Fishman, you might want to get sinking pellets instead of floating ones. I've had a hell of a time trying to feed my BR floating pellets.

lol mmk thanks im getting chichlid pellets as soon as I can ty, and I found out that the store gave me a bovilion ram or something like that, I like him anyways, btw what brand do you use? the only chichlid food at the store are chichlid pellets (not sure never had chiclids getting food tomorrow)

LosC
04-06-2008, 05:35 AM
Hikari or NLS are the best.

cocoa_pleco
04-06-2008, 05:58 AM
Hikari or NLS are the best.

ditto with that, i always use hikari

Ryuu
04-06-2008, 01:48 PM
ditto with that, i always use hikari

mmk thanks ill be goign to the store somethime this week hopefully ill have enoguh money by then

Ryuu
04-06-2008, 03:46 PM
Well I went to the store and they didnt have sinking pellets -.- so I gues she will jsut have to get hungry enough to go to the top... Is there any way to make themsink?

LosC
04-06-2008, 04:56 PM
I started off with floating pellets and my BR would never come to the top instead he would join my corys down below and eat their food. So if you want him to get used to eating from the top try feeding your bottom feeders after you have fed him from the top or else he will join them and be a lil aggressive towards them at the bottom.

Ryuu
04-06-2008, 05:42 PM
ok, I have feed them some of the corey food, but he didnt seem intrested in it. I put a few pellets in and they swelled and finally sank to the bottom, not there a little to big for his mouth but I think he will manage, ima tyr your plan tho hopefully it will work thanks!!!