PDA

View Full Version : Blue ram colors?

Ryuu
04-05-2008, 05:39 PM
ok well, I was at the LFS and Seen three blue rams in the freezer (again :c11:)
So I saved them (again:c11: ) and well, I gave the two really pretty ones away, and the last one I couldnt give away, the last one is grey with a little red and black on its fin, I dotn have pics yet, but I will soon, will he/she get more color or will he/she stay grey?

LosC
04-05-2008, 05:58 PM
They get more colorful as they age and they do brighten up when excited. A dull colored GBR isn't healthy. When I introduced my GBR it became dull and awhile later it colored up.

Ryuu
04-05-2008, 06:13 PM
mmk thanks

Fishalicious
04-05-2008, 06:16 PM
If you keep more than 2 (a paired up couple) there is always going to be one left out if you have three... so the third will be the less dominant male or female and never fully color up unless challenging the dominant male or female. If they color up the dominant Ram see's it as a challenge and will attack to show dominance again.

Have you got all those fish in a 10G?

MandyL
04-05-2008, 06:27 PM
Man, you really need to get a couple more tanks for all those rescues you make! :)

Tolley
04-05-2008, 06:46 PM
some rams have different colourations i have seen many types.. also fishman i know its real hard seeing those guys in a freezer but your tank is getting real overstocked.

Ryuu
04-05-2008, 07:14 PM
some rams have different colourations i have seen many types.. also fishman i know its real hard seeing those guys in a freezer but your tank is getting real overstocked.

yeah I know, im getting a resuce tank as soon as possible