PDA

View Full Version : Kuhli Loach

Ghostknife
04-05-2008, 10:55 AM
I got a glimpse of my loach this morning. I disturbed him somewhere while I was psyphoning the gravel in the tank. At least I know they are still alive.

Phew!!!

jbeining75
04-05-2008, 01:50 PM
You will see him very very little. Always be careful not to crush the Kulies when stiring the gravel. Siphoning is a very delicate process with burrowers.

Ghostknife
04-05-2008, 01:55 PM
Yeah, I copped that! I hope I didnt kill the other one. I dug the drift wood into the gravel before that! Hmm???

Can I ask you, whats the point in keeping them, when you cannot see them at all??? They will come out more often later on right? Also, do they just eat the stuff in the gravel?

Hmmm?????

Arkie
04-05-2008, 10:43 PM
they do come out occassionally but yeah its usually at night. i keep them cause i think its extra exciting to see a fish that you dodnt see that much... its makes it special. lol i sound rather tragic dont i? its too early in the morning and not enough coffee :18:

randompete
04-05-2008, 11:02 PM
Maybe if you try some subdued lighting, like moonlights or the green/blue LEDs for a couple of hours before bed you might catch a few more glimpses of them. I have a friend who swears his nocturnal fish come out in the Blue/Green. I have never actually seen his tank so I can't really vouch for it personally, but he generally has good luck with fish.

Ghostknife
04-05-2008, 11:58 PM
I am with you Arkie, on the seeing it occasionally thing, it makes it alot nicer. I think maybe my last post made me sounds like a brat!!
Randompete, good idea with the light, I will have to conduct a feasability study on whether its worth it or not.

Thanks lads/ lasses