PDA

View Full Version : I'm confused, is this a GBR?

LosC
04-05-2008, 01:42 AM
Is their a difference between a German Blue Ram and a Blue Ram? I bought my little guy under the name Blue Ram but I figured he was a GBR. I went to a LFS today lookin for another and the employee told me they dont have GBR's but they have BR's. The BR's he showed my look different in shape from mine so now I'm thinkin if I really have a GBR or not?

gem
04-05-2008, 01:46 AM
I'm not all that sure about there being a difference between a Blue ram and a German Blue Ram. There may be. What's different is that what you have is a Baloon Ram. Same thing....different shape. Kind of like Baloon Mollies. What's the deal with baloon fish these days?

country_boy454
04-05-2008, 02:19 AM
That is a very beautiful looking ram if I might add! Love the blue speckled all over the body!

Incredulous_Ed
04-05-2008, 02:45 AM
Thats actually a balloon ram. I think the strain was developed in Asia. The popular German strain was developed in, guess where, Germany. Alot of rams from Asia are hormone injected with teh German colors but are not actually true GErman Blue rams.

LosC
04-05-2008, 02:50 AM
Thanks country_boy454.
So I have a ballon ram? or a ballon GBR? Still confused lol. A LFS by my house has "Blue Rams" but they look like and are the same shape as GBR's. Would this guy spawn with a GBR? Or would I have to get a ballon looking one. I figured my Ram was young and he would eventually grow to be the long oval shape.

Lady Hobbs
04-05-2008, 03:52 AM
There are blue rams and gold rams and balloon rams.

LosC
04-05-2008, 05:21 AM
thank you, I had no idea. FS's need to label there fish better.

Fishalicious
04-05-2008, 09:09 AM
And Green Rams & Angel Rams.... huraaaah for human mutations :14: :14: