PDA

View Full Version : Sea Monkeys

rebelagent
10-30-2005, 04:08 AM
Okay do they have a scientific Name I feel stupid for calling them sea monkeys. Do you even count them as aqautic pets or just things that grow in your water...

aquafreak
10-30-2005, 04:38 AM
Sea monkeys are usually of the species artemia salina. and are more commonly refer to as Brine Shrimp or Artemia as they are widely used as fry food.

William
10-30-2005, 04:41 AM
Not much to add to that reply besides the fact that you can find a article about how to care for them and breed them in the article section.

The article uses the name Brine shrimp.

malicemizer
07-15-2006, 10:12 AM
ya sea monkeys are awesome a delicious treat for some fish...an other awesome short life span creature is "the triop".found them while trolling my local wal-mart.4bucks a pack....to bad i never saw them hatch.my murderous dog BORIS ate them.he loved it....i was on youtube.com and saw triops for my self and what they are is a tiny horse shoe crab maybe the length of an inch or so. are there any fresh water horse shoe crabs? it be awesome if triops lived longer. what other freshwater crab like creatures are there. i currently have 2 crays....

freshwaterfishlover
11-21-2006, 11:17 PM
I had a job once were I did test on Sea Monkeys. We had like 200-300 in like a 40 gallon tank(not 100% sure about tank size). We made salt packets and feed one to the Sea Monkeys every day.