PDA

View Full Version : My pair of A. Gibbiceps are HERE!!!!

country_boy454
04-04-2008, 04:14 PM
So today I went to the Post Office to pick up my fish package first hand. I get there and they are like "See that stack of packages, have fun finding it!" So I looked into the pile and saw the only styro box and said I bet this one is mine. So the lady grabbed it and sure enough it was mine. I signed for it and went home as fast as I could.

Get home very excited, I grab a box cutter and cut the top of the box open and pull out one big bag. I look inside and see two 1" A. Gibbiceps and they are swimming around! They made it! WOOHOO!

So I bring them to the fish room to start acclimating them. I grab a clean bucket and cut open the big bag to get the little bags out and to my surprise I see three little bags with one fish per bag! I start the drip acclimation process. Just finished about 10 mins ago and added them to the tank and lights out.

So I email Ken, the person I bought them from, and he said I gave you an extra male. So I am now the proud owner of 3 1" Apistogramma Gibbiceps!:19: :18:

Lady Hobbs
04-04-2008, 04:19 PM
Nice! Good job of turning the lights off, too.

country_boy454
04-04-2008, 04:43 PM
That was the first thing I did. The room my tanks are in is dark even during daytime. So I opened up the blinds to let daylight in and it was still relatively dark to where I needed my lamp. Then I started the acclimation. I had the tank light on so when I put them in the tank I could actually get a better look at them.

angelcakes
04-04-2008, 04:48 PM
good job cant wait for pics:19:

jbeining75
04-04-2008, 04:51 PM
Congrats.... I'm excited to see them now... Pics pics pics.......

country_boy454
04-04-2008, 07:37 PM
I will be posting pics but I don't want to stress them anymore than they have been. Might not get some for a few days just to let them settle in the tank. I keep checking on them as there is just enough light to see in the tank and all they are doing is laying on the substrate. They will swim a little but not much. They are so tiny. I'd say an inch max in size! If They were in with my endlers I would lose sight of them thats how small they are!

siymdapolio
04-04-2008, 07:40 PM
I will be posting pics but I don't want to stress them anymore than they have been. Might not get some for a few days just to let them settle in the tank. I keep checking on them as there is just enough light to see in the tank and all they are doing is laying on the substrate. They will swim a little but not much. They are so tiny. I'd say an inch max in size! If They were in with my endlers I would lose sight of them thats how small they are!
Totally understand I am letting my gourami settle in and seems to be doing awesome but i dont want to stat flashing the crap out of him now. Congrats on the fish thats awesome!!!

country_boy454
04-05-2008, 02:17 AM
I don't use the flash on my camera when I take pics of the fish. I use the ISO setting. It is a high resolution setting for taking up close pics without the flash.

Incredulous_Ed
04-05-2008, 02:48 AM
Congratulations! The ectra male might cause agression problems but will probably be okay since you have a large tank. Now I want some pics!