PDA

View Full Version : Kribs in a 30?

Collin1104
04-03-2008, 07:35 AM
ive read that a 30 gallons ok for kribs but i was wondering about how many?? i wouldnt mind having a bunch but i really want to have a breeding pair, so if i can only have two, then so be it lol

im just getting a 55 gallon soon so im gonna move my malawis into that after i get it cycled and im just gonna leave their 30 gallon set up for the kribs.. the tank is already set up for kribs more than malawis anyways,, much more plants than rocks lol

thanks!

Fishalicious
04-03-2008, 08:47 AM
I would only get a pair... feed them well and leave the breeding to them - in no time you'll have babies :19: Put in some caves for them to spawn in ...

Nautilus291
04-03-2008, 11:32 AM
Make sure you dont get two females... I found out I did. they fight all the time, but The lfs doesnt start getting kribs in untill summer so im sol untill then.

Ocellaris
04-03-2008, 12:04 PM
I keep reading how popular this species is, but I have never seen one in real life. Thought about doing the same thing as Collin a while back, but never found a one.

I read that if you want to breed Kribs, keep your pH around 7 and each brood should contain about 100 fry.

gem
04-03-2008, 04:12 PM
If you really want a pair, then two is your max. You might want to start with one male and 3 females. Then he has his pick. But once they pair up, you'll want to remove the two odd females or they may get beaten up or killed by the bonded pair.

Collin1104
04-05-2008, 03:52 AM
thanks everyone.. im just gonna get a pair. it just feels wrong taking fish back to the store. its a good thing you can tell their sex by looking at them. thanks again for the advice!