PDA

View Full Version : Just went to the LFS :) Got some food!

siymdapolio
04-02-2008, 10:04 PM
I have recently purchased a Chocolate Gourami and I am just finding out they are super hard to care for and need live food.
So i went to the lfs and tried to buy baby brine shrimp with my debit card but the owner refused because it costs us both 50 Cents to swipe it and the baby brine shrimp are only $1.

He laughed at me and said get out of here and come back! I said Right on! I owe you a doller and now have baby brine shrimp!:19:

jbeining75
04-02-2008, 10:06 PM
Cover up that filter intake lol.......

Nautilus291
04-02-2008, 10:07 PM
now thats a nice LFS. It would be nice to have someone like that around here.

siymdapolio
04-02-2008, 10:10 PM
Cover up that filter intake lol.......
I thought of this jbeining and i was just thinking turning it off what should i do to precent them getting sucked up!

now thats a nice LFS. It would be nice to have someone like that around here.
I know natuilus this lfs are awesome! They need profit and I support them they do have a little markup but not horrible and they have awesome fish and advice. I guess thats what you get for paying a little exttra

jbeining75
04-02-2008, 10:12 PM
Put a piece of panty hose over the intake or they make special sponge attachments that cover the intake. If not that bag will be filter food in minutes....

siymdapolio
04-02-2008, 10:13 PM
Hmm i dont no if i got any panty hoses laying around hmmm.... Is it ok to cut or sponge or turn it off and put in a little bit??

Algenco
04-02-2008, 10:16 PM
I just turn the filters off for 5-10 minutes

Lady Hobbs
04-02-2008, 10:17 PM
Chocolates are harder to care for and very sensitive. Hope it works OK for you.

Rue
04-02-2008, 10:18 PM
Next time you go for food, check between and underneath your couch cushions...:hmm3grin2orange:

siymdapolio
04-02-2008, 10:19 PM
Chocolates are harder to care for and very sensitive. Hope it works OK for you.
Oh god i know lady hobbs! He looked not so happy at the shop and he was in a crowded tank And he his looking a lot better i was going to post a thread on them for all the help I can get and i know i need to start lowering the ph a little by little soon so i need help I AM worried and thats all i have done today is reading and reading books here and there and the net!

Thanks for the help guys!

Incredulous_Ed
04-03-2008, 12:50 AM
Interesting. Your chocolate gourami looks like a cat.

siymdapolio
04-03-2008, 01:58 AM
Dont worry thast not my Gourami :D

I will be posting up pics when it is more settled and comfertable

sailor
04-03-2008, 02:08 AM
Chocolates are great looking fish, we got 12 of them in with an order at work and they were all gone the next day. Can't wait to see the pics. Nice pick up.

siymdapolio
04-03-2008, 03:23 PM
Chocolates are great looking fish, we got 12 of them in with an order at work and they were all gone the next day. Can't wait to see the pics. Nice pick up.
Thanks Sailor! I know I was looking at my lfs gouramis and their is a kid there that loves fish and i can tell. He looked at me and said I think we got a chocolate around here! IT will be perfect for you! And it took us like 10 minutes to find him in a small tank and he was staying so still in the plants lol!

IT was awesome and I love this fish too! How much are your store selling them for??? Mine was 7 dollars

Tolley
04-03-2008, 03:36 PM
man i wish i could buy baby brine shrimp here. can only find adult not even eggs!! Good Luck with the chocolate gourami!

siymdapolio
04-03-2008, 05:04 PM
man i wish i could buy baby brine shrimp here. can only find adult not even eggs!! Good Luck with the chocolate gourami!
Thanks Tolley! I will post pics up of the gourami soon :18:

Thats no good! An adult brine shrimp are a little more exspensive... If you want you can allways order the eggs online. It is very easy to start baby brine shrimp and growing them into adult brine shrimp is a COMPLETELY CRAZY TIME CONSUMING HARd way to grow your food lol just grow baby brine shrimp heres a link tolley

http://www.petstore.com/ps_viewitem.aspx?idproduct=ON1731

Tolley
04-03-2008, 05:12 PM
thanks but i alreaady got eggs online and hatched them for my cherry barb fry :)

siymdapolio
04-04-2008, 05:45 PM
thanks but i alreaady got eggs online and hatched them for my cherry barb fry :)
Good!!!!! Woot!!!