PDA

View Full Version : New light arrived

Pez
04-01-2008, 08:48 PM
Just got my 24" 2 65 watt Orbit light with lunars I am amazed at how my tank looks. Currently I have just live rock and a coral bannded shrimp with snails and crabs, so I was wondering about the lighting cycle there is one dual daylight and one dual actinic any suggestions on a 24 hr. light cycle would be appreciated this is my first real light and cant belive the difference it has made.I also have found I kind of like invertebres alittle more than fish and was wondering about adding a pistol shrimp and a watchman goby would they get along with the coral bannded I think they will but would like to know for sure. Thanks Pez

Fenix
04-01-2008, 08:59 PM
sweet, congrats on the new light. i remember when i got my light. it changed my life forever. dont turn it on much or u ll get a lot of algae. i didnt actually turn my light on until i got coral. since you have animals maybe a few hours a day is good. when u make your 24 hour lighting scheudle make sure you have a good stretch of complete darkness. i learned that from dave66.

Tigerbarb
04-01-2008, 10:53 PM
:18: Let there be corals!!!!! Lol. :18:

Halelorf
04-02-2008, 12:05 AM
That is the exact light that I have over my reef tank. I love it, it works great. At first I only had the lights on for a few hours a day so I didn't get super algae growth. Now after a couple weeks I have both the actinic and daylight bulbs on timers. My actinic turn on at 7am and run till 7pm, and my daylight runs from 11:30am till 5:30pm.