PDA

View Full Version : Leftovers

aquafreak
10-28-2005, 03:14 AM
Whats your opinion on using parts of fish etc that I remove when I prepare food for the family as fish food???

killaklown
10-30-2005, 10:05 PM
this would be interesting, i think it would be a bad idea, im thinking they put chemicals in it which could be harmful to your fish, but I would like to know what would really happen if you were to do this.

William
10-31-2005, 05:08 AM
There are a number of things from the kitchen that you can use to feed your fish. An example of this is fish parts or shellfish parts that you remove before cocking the fish. Vegetables are also good fish food for fish that eats vegetables and can be use both raw and cocked. Avoid all spicy food and food in any kind of sauce as well as fat meat such as pork.

soul
10-31-2005, 10:40 PM
what kind of foods would be bad for the fish? like cooked food?

Also would old food be bad? like something with mold?

William
11-02-2005, 05:11 AM
Whether the food is cocked or not is not that important but avoid food that has been cocked with different spices etc.

Other foods to avoid are fat meat such as pork and powdery food that can cloud the water. You should also avoid all spices, sauces etc. Never feed them snacks, candy or anything of the like.

If the food is old isn't a problem by itself but I wouldn't use it if it was so old that there are mould on it.

Use common sence when choosing food and only try a little the first time.

soul
11-02-2005, 10:43 PM
ill probably just stick with the fish food we buy at the stores.. if our food isnt bad, we will eat it, we wouldnt give it to the fish.

Although if there is no fish food, then we will give them some other food, and its a good thing i found this so i knew it was ok ;)

rebelagent
12-09-2005, 10:36 PM
I know this is silly. But my husband would feed our fighting fish (bettas) rice. Sometimes dried and sometimes cooked. He said when he was back in Vietnam they would feed the fighting fish worms and rice. He said he would find most of his fish in the rice patties eating the rice. I always told him to stop feeding them the cooked rice because it would cloud the water and I would have to change the bowl water. But it appeared that the betas would eat the grains of rice. I figured why not if thats where some of these fish were found, it would be their one of their natural food sources. Aside from the worms and plants that were in the rice patty.
But do you think that was a wise idea feeding the betas the raw rice -grains?

aquafreak
12-10-2005, 12:29 AM
A lot of fish like rice! And algae eaters and snails love rise!

AKI
01-03-2006, 03:28 PM
i feed my fish fish food that i buy from the store its not cheap but its quality thats why i buy it i dont like sea food so i dont know all the types of food that my silver sharks and clown loaches need such as insect larvae, where the hell im i gonna get that from some one help please.