PDA

View Full Version : small diy pond

HeavyWeaponsGuy
03-29-2008, 08:02 PM
okay, I've been on hiatus for awhile now, but i must hear more about this if anyone on here can point me to a site.

i saw in an aquarium magazine an article in which some guy was showing how you could operate a small pond in nothing more than a large bucket.

something along the line of this:
http://www.beveragefactory.com/images/thumb_r4219.jpg

can anyone give me any info?

Drumachine09
03-29-2008, 08:07 PM
I don't see why you would want to. You cant hold much of anything in that.

HeavyWeaponsGuy
03-29-2008, 08:10 PM
understandably, yes, but i would buy a much larger one.

also, what about those kiddie pools sold at walmart, etc.

could i sustain a summer pond in that?

hockeyref88
03-29-2008, 09:11 PM
Why don't you just build a pond???

cocoa_pleco
03-29-2008, 09:12 PM
if you got a huge kiddy pond a goldfish would work, just a small feeder comet and some plants. in a bucket you can only have shrimp and plants

however, its best to just get a used bathtub in good condition and make it a pond, or just build one

Adrian
03-31-2008, 07:05 PM
I just use the family jacuzzi...LOL I put three bluegill in there for now, until I can get my 55 gallon tank cycled. They are having a ball. I never seen fish so happy. Its really cool to see them "crusin" around.

Building a pond isn't that difficult, nor that expensive. The only thing that costs a lot is the filtration system. Fortunately for me, I was able to convert my jacuzzi's pump and filter elements into a filter for my fish.

I would still like to have a fountain or something like that in the jacuzzi, but that can wait.

Good luck in your endeavors. It will be rewarding if done right.

toddnbecka
04-01-2008, 05:02 AM
Looks more like a tub than a bucket, the idea seems to be fairly popular in some circles. Not bad for the summer months to grow some pond plants on the back porch or whatever. Easy enough to empty out for the winter season, then set up again in the spring.

cocoa_pleco
04-01-2008, 05:21 AM
actually, just thought of it, if you could get a large clear plastic garbage container that would make a good pond

Lady Hobbs
04-01-2008, 05:45 AM
Did a big hole the depth you want it, play sand in the bottom, lay a big pool liner in it including up the sides (hold sides down with rock) and fill that baby up.

GaboAdv
04-28-2008, 02:02 AM
I once saw a "pond" made with a large rectangular like flower/plants pot/container... They had it setup at a Penthouse in Chicago.... it was about 6 or 7 feet long... 3 feet wide and probably like 4 feet tall...

love it.

:19:

Augus
05-01-2008, 10:58 PM
Did a big hole the depth you want it, play sand in the bottom, lay a big pool liner in it including up the sides (hold sides down with rock) and fill that baby up.

Or HomeDepot have those prebuild shape pond for $30