PDA

View Full Version : Got two Rams today!! Finally!

SkarloeysMom
03-29-2008, 12:58 AM
I've been waiting to get Rams from this place that "said" they were locally bred when I emailed them. Today when I finally drove quite a ways to get them they said they get them from Houston but they don't know where they get them from. Hmmm...well, I guess I'll just hope that they are not Asian bred.

They were in a 10g tank with WAY too many fish and I was in a hurry when I went in to buy them and didn't have my glasses so I did the best I could picking out healthy looking ones. Unfortunately they have kinda frayed tails and I can't tell if its rot or just from nipping.

Also, I'm not sure what sex they are. I couldn't find one that had a rosy belly and couldn't remember any other traits to look for. I ended up with one pretty big one and one that was smaller. I guess none of that helps with out a picture. I should have some to post in a bit and maybe someone can tell me what I got.

Anyway, they sure have gotten comfortable in their new home quickly. They were hiding at first but now they are coming out and swimming all around the tank exploring. They are very responsive. They come right up to the glass right next to my face and look right at me. I can see why some many people like having cichlids!! They are beautiful and have great personalities. I really hope they do well cuz I love 'em already!!:1luvu:

Ellen4God
03-29-2008, 01:00 AM
Congrats on the Cichlids!!! Can't wait to see pictures!

travie
03-29-2008, 02:15 AM
Lucky, you finally got GBR's. Give it some time, and there colors will come in, and maybe the pink belly of the female. Hopefully, by the begging of summer here in Indiana, I will get as lucky as you. Hope they live their full lives for you.:19:

country_boy454
03-29-2008, 02:46 AM
Congrats on the rams! I wish my lfs would get some GBR's but they do not wnat them for some reason. I have asked many times. Post pics when they color up.

Red
03-29-2008, 03:59 AM
my lfs gets them in but they are all asian bred..

LosC
03-29-2008, 04:00 AM
I agree, GBR's have great peronalities. My GBR is the only fish in my community tank that doesn't dart away from me when I come close, he comes forward and looks at me. It's very hard to find them here in lfs's but that's because they can't tolerate the bad conditions. Something else I like about them is as they get older they become more colorful.

Tigerbarb
03-29-2008, 04:23 AM
Glad to hear about your new lil' friends! I always love watching baby rams. Be sure to post some pix, if you can. thumbs2:

Lady Hobbs
03-29-2008, 04:28 AM
I wanta see them! I got all excited thinking a picture was here.

Incredulous_Ed
03-29-2008, 05:09 AM
Congrats! The rams sound healthy if they are exploring. IME, asain rams never ever explore. So sounds like you got good ones.

jbeining75
03-29-2008, 10:50 PM
Congrats on the new GBR's..... You will love them. They are beautiful fish....