PDA

View Full Version : the edit button is gone too

mitcore
03-28-2008, 10:55 AM
why has the edit button disappeared, when the delete button was put in place, it seems i only have 5 mins to edit my posts as well

can you some please tell me why we have lost that feature?

i loved that edit button and that i was able to correct spelling later on when i went back to read the replies and see that i had mis spelled a word

(i posted this thread up and then refreshed the page came back in to see if it had the delete button is in the edit section of this thread and it doesnt seem to be here with me now)

i am confused, whats going on?

William
03-28-2008, 11:15 AM
Your are not the only one that has been confused by this.

Yes. When I activate to allow deleting threads the time limit for deleting threads is applied to editing threads as well. There is nothing I can do about that.

For that reason I have changed the delete/edit time from 5 minutes to 15 minutes.

mitcore
03-28-2008, 11:17 AM
thanks william
but why wasnt it there when i was returned to edit the post the delete button wasnt there at all

William
03-28-2008, 11:46 AM
Likely because the edit time frame had expired.

crackatinny
03-28-2008, 12:00 PM
With the button having an expiry period, now people cannot go back and edit a post after the time period is up, I think this is a great asset, now if an argument breaks out, a member cannot deny what they have said to another member.
For example, you could not say:

Crackatinny is a #$%(&, mean #$*#
Then edit it to
Crackatinny is a nice bloke

OR

Drum is one mod I don't like
Then edit it to
Drum is one handsome young man

After the time period has elapsed.

Nautilus291
03-28-2008, 12:18 PM
With the button having an expiry period, now people cannot go back and edit a post after the time period is up, I think this is a great asset, now if an argument breaks out, a member cannot deny what they have said to another member.
For example, you could not say:

Crackatinny is a #$%(&, mean #$*#
Then edit it to
Crackatinny is a nice bloke

OR

Drum is one mod I don't like
Then edit it to
Drum is one handsome young man

After the time period has elapsed.

How did you know I sad that about you crackatinny I edited it after the first day??:hmm3grin2orange:

crackatinny
03-28-2008, 12:24 PM
How did you know I sad that about you crackatinny I edited it after the first day??:hmm3grin2orange:

Just a vibe:thumb:

I knew you was trouble from the start:laugh1blue:

William
03-28-2008, 12:29 PM
Don't worry guys. I have created a secret "we hate crackatinny" forum where we can post what we really think about him without him knowing..:27:

How much we love you that is.:1luvu:

aquarius56
03-28-2008, 12:34 PM
Really Funny you guys :hmm3grin2orange:

jbeining75
03-28-2008, 12:38 PM
Crack I'm on your side. We are two big guys and big guys need to stick together. Now we just need Ed and Drum as our wingmen and we can take out the entire forum lol..... Oh Sailor was Navy so he might be able to fight. I'll pull him to

William
03-28-2008, 12:47 PM
Do I have a mutiny on my hands ? ;-)

crackatinny
03-28-2008, 12:49 PM
Perhaps you do William.

Khuli?
Cocoa?
Hobbs?

Cmon, we can do this, ahaa me maiteee:27:

William
03-28-2008, 01:16 PM
Perhaps time to start building a digital yardarm.