PDA

View Full Version : how do i sex the babies??

cyane
10-25-2006, 06:28 AM
i have 6 baby platies, and i don't know how to tell the boys from the girls. they are still alittle seethrough.the parents are orange with black dorsel fins and tails. any advice would be great. thanks

kimmers318
10-25-2006, 11:38 AM
You can't sex the babies until they get older...sorry. Do you know how to sex the adults? At around 4-6 months I believe the males will start to show their gonopodium and once you have seen it, it is easy to spot. Good luck with your babies.

cyane
10-26-2006, 06:18 AM
i can useally tell the males from the females. i have 3 male platties and 1 female. ive been trying to get more females, but its kinda hard sometimes i get confussed. ummm...is it ok to 2 goldfish in my tank with my other fish?? or will something bad happen?? thank you for your advice it will be put to use.

William
10-26-2006, 07:19 AM
Goldfish isn't the best choice for company. They grow large and prefers colder water than the Platy.

cyane
10-27-2006, 03:11 AM
ok then because my aunt put them in my tank with the rest of my fish, they seem to be getting along with the angels and everything else. my dwarf growami has been hideing behind a plant lately? is there something wrong with it??