PDA

View Full Version : Advice on DIY Spray Bar

travie
03-27-2008, 05:04 PM
I'm going to start building a DIY Spray Bar out of PVC pipe this weekend. My overflow box that is on my 29g makes too much current in my 10g tank. I figure the best cheap option is to make the spray bar out of PVC. I will need to put the whole spray bar under water because I have plants in both tanks. I'm just looking for some advice on how to make it without wasting my time and money. Thank you.

fins_n_fur
03-27-2008, 06:23 PM
I'd have a similar problem but in a bigger tank with a strong output canister filter. I'd like to see what you eventually come up with with the suggestions that you get. Is your plan to hang/mount the DIY spray bar on the back or side wall of the tank?

travie
03-27-2008, 06:31 PM
With the way my tank is decorated, and where the pump is located in that tank. I will probably put it along the back, submerged.

gem
03-27-2008, 07:32 PM
Once you have the PVC the correct size to attach to a Powerhead or whatever you're attaching it to, all it takes is drilling holes and capping the opposite end. If you don't want alot of flow hitting the bottom, just set it so the holes are pointing up toward the surface to encourage gas exchange.