PDA

View Full Version : New additions

lahlumdi
03-26-2008, 04:31 PM
Very excited. Just went and added a new his and her dwarf pair to my 20 gallon tank this afternoon. Also added 2 Five banded barbs to perk that little school up. The male dwarf is the kind that has lots of orange stripes with irridescent blue. Female of course is mainly while with irridescent blue hue. Also added new long grass. They are exploring the tank after my 45 minute transition.

jphonger
03-26-2008, 04:35 PM
awesome! I love my dwarfs, they add a lot of color and grace to my tank.
I think you will be very happy with them. I did have to add a lot of plants to give them places to hide out in case they have an argument...
I would love to see some pics!

jbeining75
03-26-2008, 05:33 PM
Congrats on the dwarfs!!!! Good luck and some pics please.

Wild Turkey
03-26-2008, 05:44 PM
Agreed post some shots! <3puffers

lahlumdi
03-26-2008, 07:05 PM
Here they are! Proud mama, I am. OK, I'm having second thoughts... there was one male at the shop that was bright neon orange, with blue fin at the top, and I thought it was too garish, but now I think - my, he would have really looked stunning in my aquarium.

Still, this little man really has a nice face. And the little lady seems sweet. I saw him reach out with his... OK, exactly what do you technically call that long dangly thing they have.. and touch her with it... sweet. She properly recoiled, of course.

siymdapolio
03-26-2008, 07:33 PM
Lahlundi those long this are the gouramis pelvic fin. They are called threadlike pelvic fins...

Those pics and fish look awesome Congrats!! :thumb:

jphonger
03-27-2008, 01:12 AM
Thanks for posting the pics! they are fantastic/
enjoy your new gouramis.