PDA

View Full Version : first fish

aunkster
10-25-2005, 07:26 PM
Since this is my first tank with non agressive fish Ill ask the question ,after my tank has been running for 4 days when first set up I would like to know what fish I should first buy to put in the tank .

Ive always had Africans so im not sure about non agressive fish.

Allan

William
10-25-2005, 07:42 PM
I assume that you are asking about a good fish to test the stability of the aquarium water and the cycling with.

The answer varies depending on which kind of non aggressive setup you plan to have in the aquarium.

I can however recommend the following species.
Guppy
Platy
Danio species
Barbs ( not suitable if you plan to have a calm aquarium)

Just about any fish that is hardy and cheap. I can give you better advice if you tell me which other fish you plan to keep in the aquarium.

soul
11-02-2005, 10:39 PM
Get pretty much any cheap fish, to make sure its safe for other fish after... You dont want to spend alot of money and have them all die or get sick right away.

William
11-02-2005, 11:21 PM
That’s true but you want the fish to suit the setup you are planning to have in the end so that the fish can live out their days in that tank.

superidgit
12-07-2005, 06:36 PM
William has a good point you really want to start heading in the direction you will want in the end. But if you are looking for a good hardy first timer fish. Danios is a good choice. They are very active non aggressive. Although they seem aggressive when chasing one another they are not. They can however be a little stressful on slower more lazy fishes with all their zipping around.