PDA

View Full Version : White stuff on African Dwarf frog

sen5241b
03-23-2008, 10:27 PM
I've seen this frog molt and the white stuff growing on his back was quite different. Some type of mold apparently. We tried medicine, aquarium salt, etc. We finally tried putting half a packet of maracyn-2 directly on his back (first catching him using two nets). The maracyn-2 powder stuck to his back for a while and this has improved the condition but it takes a long time to cure the frog. We put the other half in the water.

OscarFan
03-24-2008, 12:44 AM
Sounds like a fungus. How long have you been treating him.

angelcakes
03-24-2008, 09:08 AM
does sound like a fungus.......keep treating but take care not to overdose.dwarg frogs and many others do also shed there skin so maybe treatment will work and he will shed his skin and the fungus with it, ive seen this done through experience,

fishymommy
02-27-2009, 01:20 AM
My frog has a severe fungus like yours growing on his front and back left feet. I've tried Pimafix and Maracyn 2 (in the water) and it isn't helping. The fungus is just getting worse. He's down to one broken and three half toes on his back foot and I can't even see his front one anymore. How did you get your fungus to go away? Did putting the powder directly on the frog fix it?