PDA

View Full Version : Hobbs needs suggestions

Lady Hobbs
10-21-2006, 03:41 PM
As previously mentioned, I have one angelfish that is so bloody ornery and seems to not like anything I put with him other than the clown loaches. He is in a 30 gallon tank now with two moonlight gourmai's that are full grown......5 inches.......and even they annoy him.

I need some suggestions as to what can I put with this angel.

My plan was to get another 55 gallon and add him to this larger tank but with his nasty attitude he will just be a nuisance to all the other fish in that tank, as well.

Any suggestions appreciated here. He's identical to another angel I have but that one doesn't bother any other fish. Even neons.

CJ1
10-21-2006, 09:14 PM
Any time I've kept angel fish, they seem to do best when kept in groups of 5 or more. That way the agression gets spread out. We do keep our fish in an unnatural setting, so sometimes they just act up and there's nothing we can do except get rid of them.

Lady Hobbs
10-22-2006, 01:53 PM
I'd love to do that but am having enough trouble with these two. And then I think of mating and separating all those, as well, and sheeeeeesh........what a pain.

What are the chances of having 82 fish that are all males? I don't think I have one female in the group!

gwenkat
10-22-2006, 02:23 PM
Your angel sounds like a molly I had. She was just evil. Attacked my guppies, tore up their tails and went after my dojo. She finally died. Good luck with your angel.

Lady Hobbs
10-22-2006, 02:41 PM
I had a molly like that and she went bye-bye into the great sewer system. Sometimes you just have to left go of one fish that only annoys all others. I won't buy another molly again.......just as I will never buy another 3-spot gourami again. I have golds and Moons with no problem but that 3-spot............grrrrr.

gwenkat
10-22-2006, 02:44 PM
I decided the same thing and Molly the evil molly went into the freezer. Seemed better than flushing her. I just couldn't let her terrorize the other fish. No more mollies!

minabird
10-30-2006, 07:33 PM
If you're angelfish is that ornery, how about some similar ornery fish.....say tigerbarbs?!?!

Lady Hobbs
10-31-2006, 02:05 AM
Believe it or not, it gets along with platies so now is sharing the aquarium with them and some rasbora's. Sure doesn't like tetra's tho. I'm wondering if the angel isn't mistaking the black/silver tetra's for a young angel fish as this one is of the same color.