PDA

View Full Version : Have you heard of these...

sandy_n
03-20-2008, 06:11 PM
Has anyone heard of Anubias barteri eyes? Found some on ebay and it's supposed to stay smaller than Anubias barteri. The other one I'm curious about is Christmas moss. And, since I know nothing about the plant aspect of all of this yet (except for my floating frogbit) :c10: when you're attaching a plant like anubias to wood with thread exactly how are you attaching? Do you tie just the roots to the wood or do you run some thread inbetween the leaves and attach it that way?

siymdapolio
03-20-2008, 06:27 PM
I have succesfully attached a 5 stemed java fern to my bog wood and its look great with it sprouting out and looks like its going after some rock to grow on. anyways the way i do this is put the anubias on a piece of bogwood and wrap the thread around the whole thing and make sure you are wrapping around the roots as well and this provides the anubias as a training aid and it will attach in a couple of weeks. Trust me you can see when it is attached

Good luck you should give it a try its really fun!!!:19:

siymdapolio
03-20-2008, 06:31 PM
I have heard of these plants but dont know much about it but i love anubias! makes the ground of the tank look great i think

I have seen christmas moss grow on the whole side of a tank and make a mosswall out of itself.

sandy_n
03-21-2008, 12:23 AM
Thanks for explaining that siymdapolio. The anubias is going on a small piece of mopani I'm leeching now. :c3: