PDA

View Full Version : Yet another ribbon idea

Wild Turkey
03-18-2008, 04:04 AM
I know the blue ribbon nowadays represents ovarian cancer, which is a very important cause and in fact one that has touched someone very dear to me. BUT long before having 70 ribbons on your bumper was popular, the blue ribbon stood for Stopping Internet Censorship ( http://www.eff.org/ ), another important issue as it will affect the way the world develops and thus all our children's futures. Anyone else feel this way? Would you use your points on one?

Billythefish
03-18-2008, 04:45 AM
I know the blue ribbon nowadays represents ovarian cancer, which is a very important cause and in fact one that has touched someone very dear to me. BUT long before having 70 ribbons on your bumper was popular, the blue ribbon stood for Stopping Internet Censorship ( http://www.eff.org/ ), another important issue as it will affect the way the world develops and thus all our children's futures. Anyone else feel this way? Would you use your points on one?
Dude that is deep

Wild Turkey
03-18-2008, 09:00 PM
haha thanks dude

William
03-22-2008, 09:52 AM
I will think about that but I am afraid that adding non disease related meaning to the ribbons might be opening the flood gates as the ribbons than might get too many meanings.

Levi
03-22-2008, 10:47 AM
there's already non-disease ribbons

yellow ribbons are usually for "the troops", or someone's death in general

besides, the internet censorship ribbon has been around forever

NickFish
03-22-2008, 11:23 AM
Hmmmm....maybe when you buy the blue ribbon in the description you could add Internet Censorship in there.

Can we have an MTS ribbon?

It could be a little light blue ribbon with a small fish on it! :hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange:

crackatinny
03-22-2008, 11:28 AM
Hmmmm....maybe when you buy the blue ribbon in the description you could add Internet Censorship in there.

Can we have an MTS ribbon?

It could be a little light blue ribbon with a small fish on it! :hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange:

LOL, good one Nick:thumb: :hmm3grin2orange:

I think the idea of the ribbon's really is paying a tribute to things that have affected our lives, I would prefer to keep it that way myself.

And yes, I have read the initial post, and see you are pointing out that the blue ribbon means something else entirely to a lot of people,

William
03-23-2008, 02:48 PM
I have added Stopping Internet Censorship as a cause to the dark blue ribbon. I hope this is ok.