PDA

View Full Version : Will eggs still hatch if they are on the floor?

supun
03-15-2008, 10:03 AM
Hi guys,

I have some angelfish eggs which were laid on a pot in a tank with meth blue and an airstone. Now, I think the airstone has blown off some of the eggs onto the glass floor of the tank.

Will the eggs still hatch? They are currently brown in colour. Should I leave them there? Do the eggs need to be pasted onto a surface to hatch?

Need your help guys,
Sue

mitcore
03-15-2008, 10:07 AM
not to my knowledge do they need to be

are they with the parents, i breed angels and have only ever let the parents raise the fry and care for the eggs

supun
03-15-2008, 10:52 AM
Hi Mit,
Thanks for your prompt response again! That's great to hear that the eggs dont need to be attached to the pot to hatch.
No, the eggs are in a separate tank, away from parents.
Yes, you told me that you angels raise their young themselves, which is really cool.

So, in your experience, do the eggs which are on the tank floow hatch too?
sue

mitcore
03-15-2008, 11:24 AM
good question, i have seen a few of mine hatch but the parents are good carers

can you remind me again on why the eggs are seperated?
sorry bad memory at the moment LOL

supun
03-15-2008, 11:38 AM
basically, the eggs dropped off the side of the pot because the airstone airflow was too strong..mistake on my part
sue

mitcore
03-15-2008, 11:52 AM
no why the eggs arent with the parents
i know you have told me before just cant remember

supun
03-15-2008, 12:10 PM
mit,
they arent with the parents 'cos the parents kept on eating them. So, I tried the artificial method of hatching. I think next time, Im just going to leave them with the parents.

mitcore
03-15-2008, 11:21 PM
it is not uncommon for the parents to eat the eggs

next time leave the eggs with them and cover the tank around the side so no one can see in and they cant see out

they eat the eggs because the feel like they will be taken away so if you cover the tank they will feel safe and you will stand a chance in the eggs not been eaten, this method has work wonders and i used it myself in the begining

good luck

supun
03-17-2008, 03:26 AM
Thanks Mit,
I will try this method next time. sue

mitcore
03-17-2008, 05:43 AM
no worries supun
let me know how it goes