PDA

View Full Version : What is this plant and info about the plant

PUNISHER VETTE
03-14-2008, 05:52 PM
Not my tank but i really like the stem plant that grows all the way up to the middle with the one leaf at the tip.

Like some sort of lily pad almost.

http://www.ratemyfishtank.com/images/thumbimg/650/6364_1.JPG

Adrian
03-14-2008, 05:57 PM
I agree, looks like some type of water lily. Not sure on what type though.

PUNISHER VETTE
03-14-2008, 05:59 PM
Here is a list he has with all the plants he has in there but i'm not an expert on the latin names.

Eleocharis acicularis Eleocharis parvula Crypt. becketti Crypt Becketti 'petchii' Microsorum pteropus 'windlov' crinium calamistratum Crypt wendtii' mioya' Crypt wendtii 'tropica' Crypt wendtii 'brown' Crypt retrospiralis Anubias Barteri 'Gold' Anubias Barteri Var. nana 'Petite' Rotala Sp 'Green' Nymphaea Lotus 'Zenkeri' Java fern 'Thin leaf' Hygrophila corymbosa 'Compact' Hydroccotyle verticillata Echinodorus' Bleheri' Taiwan moss Java moss Flame moss Riccia Fluitans

Adrian
03-14-2008, 06:07 PM
Hydrocotyle verticillata

I think that is it. I type of pennywort. Google the name, and see if you like it.

I have some lilies in my tank, specifically the red tiger lotus. But that isn't what you are refering too.

Try googling it and see if it is the one you want....

Algenco
03-14-2008, 06:10 PM
it's Hydrocotyle verticillata

http://www.plantgeek.net/plantguide_viewer.php?id=127

siymdapolio
03-14-2008, 06:11 PM
Hey punisher i just googled imaged all those plants and did not match up with those lily type things. I have some e books that i just downloaded a while ago that has tons of plants i can take a look

Algenco
03-14-2008, 06:17 PM
outlander beat me to it!

Adrian
03-14-2008, 06:21 PM
outlander beat me to it!

LOL, sorry.

Algenco
03-14-2008, 06:42 PM
LOL, sorry.

But I posted a link to info

Adrian
03-14-2008, 06:46 PM
But I posted a link to info

Aye, laddie, that ye did. I will remember to do that next time ;)

PUNISHER VETTE
03-14-2008, 06:50 PM
Yeah when i googled the names(it just happened to be the last one....) i saw that the March pennywort was the closest but the info i saw on it said it was a cover/foreground plant.

Is there something this guy is doing to make it grow like this?

Adrian
03-14-2008, 06:54 PM
From what I know of this plant, it will look for the sun...so to speak. Meaning, if there is a ton of light, the plant lays low. But in partial shade, or a medium to low light aquarium, it will go topside to find the best light available.

Kinda like my tiger lotus. Right now, it has several good leaves, but it will send a runner to the surface with a type of lily pad. Once this happens, the plant will stop producing underwater leaves, and shoot for the surface, as it has found the best lighting.

Just a thought.