PDA

View Full Version : Awareness Ribbons Question?

D.C._United_Caps_Fan
03-13-2008, 11:59 AM
Hey there,

Maybe someone here can answer this for me.

I finally saved up enough points to afford myself an awareness ribbon that I really wanted. However, when I went to buy it, I could not find the one I was looking for.

I wanted to buy a plain RED Ribbon, for HIV/AIDS awareness. Red Ribbons originally stood for this awful condition. I did not see one in the ribbons list at all. Am I just missing it, or is there really not one there? If there really is not one there, can one be created? This awful condition affects millions and millions of Americans, and hundreds of millions of people word wide. It has affected/ been affecting my life, and the life of many of those that I know since my late teens, and is a pretty important thing to me. There are now about 8 of my former friends, who are now gone because of this illness, and squarely over 1/2 of the friends I have are currently living HIV +. I participate in HIV/AIDS awareness when I can, including events like the AIDSWALK here in Washington every year. I also donate when I can.

It would be great to have a plain red ribbon for HIV/AIDS awareness here if there isnt already one that I am just too blind to see! LOL!

Thanks for the help! Ill be completely broke again once I "buy" this, but its worth it to me. Then ill start saving to send out a few "gifts" :c10:

angelcakes
03-13-2008, 01:49 PM
ive just had a look and your right i cant seem to find an awareness ribbon on aids/hiv,maybe if you asked one of the mods they can sort something out,

Lady Hobbs
03-13-2008, 02:39 PM
I see no red ribbons at all. And not sure if they were ever there. It does seem as HIV was there at one time with other things on a ribbon, tho.

D.C._United_Caps_Fan
03-13-2008, 03:14 PM
I see no red ribbons at all. And not sure if they were ever there. It does seem as HIV was there at one time with other things on a ribbon, tho.

Thanks guys! Lady, your a mod here, do you think you can ask to get one? Or tell me who I need to make the request to? Thanks very much! Yall rock around this place! :thumb:

shalafi04
03-13-2008, 03:43 PM

HIV was there once upon a time... so strange... we get a bunch new gifts to give and suddenly ribbons are dissappearing. :/ hmmmmm

D.C._United_Caps_Fan
03-14-2008, 08:32 PM
Yeah, that seems alittle strange to me too! So who can I make a request to, to have have one added?

shalafi04
03-14-2008, 08:54 PM
Yeah, that seems alittle strange to me too! So who can I make a request to, to have have one added?

you'd probably have to talk to William about it, but its not guaranteed....

D.C._United_Caps_Fan
03-14-2008, 09:21 PM
you'd probably have to talk to William about it, but its not guaranteed....

Ok. Thanks! Should I contact him directly about it via PM, or should I go through a mod here? Either way doesnt matter to me.

Drumachine09
03-14-2008, 09:24 PM
PM him the link to the thread, and he will have a look at it.

This weekend is his birthday weekend, so he is taking a bit of a break. He will be back Monday I believe.

William
03-14-2008, 09:45 PM
No need to PM me. I found it anyway.
I will create a red ribbon for HIV/AIDS when i get back on monday. it should be available on thuesday.

And you are right D.C, it is a disease that deserve a ribbon.

D.C._United_Caps_Fan
03-15-2008, 08:07 AM
No need to PM me. I found it anyway.
I will create a red ribbon for HIV/AIDS when i get back on monday. it should be available on thuesday.

And you are right D.C, it is a disease that deserve a ribbon.

Awesome! Thank you William! :19: :19:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!

angelcakes
03-17-2008, 11:44 AM
dc, william has added the ribbon:19: