PDA

View Full Version : New Starter

Chester Copperpot
10-15-2006, 10:54 PM
Hi,

I am a new member, and have got a 35 gallon tank with 5 neon tetras.
I have the space for about 12 fish according to various calculations which i have seen on different web sites.

Just looking for suggestions of what fish to purchase next?
Can angel fish go in with tetras?

Thanks
Andy
thumbs2:

Slow Cheetah
10-18-2006, 07:59 AM
U might like some platys. Also i don't think Angels go to good with tetras. (just going by friends experience with the mix) :)

kimmers318
10-18-2006, 11:17 AM
There are quite a few other types of tetras that are also beautiful....I have some golds and glolites that add quite a bit of color. My white skirts are my least favorite because they are a little nippier. There are also some bottom dwelling fish that could make things different, like corys and loaches.

Chester Copperpot
10-18-2006, 06:35 PM
i was thinking some moons and swordtails?

Lady Hobbs
10-20-2006, 01:54 PM
I also have Moons but they get quite large. Mine are all at 5 inches now and probably have reached maturity. They can get quite aggressive with one another. I also like the platies as a colorful additive, rasbora's and tetra's in that size tank.

CJ1
10-21-2006, 09:27 PM
When trying to figure out how many fish you can have, several things have to be considered. Amount of filtering and size of fish. generally with plenty of good flitering you can figure about 1 inch per gallon, but with larger fish you do have to consider size. For small fish like you now have, I would go one and a half inch per gallon. I do use plenty of flitering that turns the water over 10 times an hour. Right now in my 40 I have around 52 inches of fish. I do about a 20% water change weekly also.

freshwaterfishlover
10-29-2006, 05:00 AM
Neon Tetras and Angels, a NO NO

kimmers318
10-29-2006, 03:44 PM
Be cautious if choosing any livebearers only because you will soon be run over with fry if you have both sexes. Platy's are nice and peaceful and come in various colors so they are a good addition, but they breed quite frequently and are usually preggers when you get them!