PDA

View Full Version : snail troubles!!! Help!

mariposa
10-15-2006, 01:48 PM
After doing some reading I decided I wanted a snail for my tank. I went to the store and purchased a black mystery snail. It was floating in the bag and I mentioned to the girl that it didnt look right but she insisted that it was ok so I took her on her word and purchased this snail. After I got him home all he did was float and a couple hours lator I decided he was on his way out to the great beyond. I called back and they said I could bring him back but I decided to keep him and let him die in peace. I went to another petstore though and bought 2 more, a gold and blue mystery snail. I got them home and this first black snail is still hanging on to life. Floating around but alive b/c if I touch him he will with draw back into the shell. I checked on them and lastnight the blue one had flipped onto his back and this morning he was still there. The gold one seemed fine but this morning he was floating as well but still seemingly alive. Im just totally puzzled as too wats up with my snails!?! All my levels check out within safe ranges and my other fish are fine so I dont know wat to do.
Help,
Nicholle