PDA

View Full Version : Most Peaceful

Red
03-11-2008, 02:55 AM
most peaceful barb?..

Dave66
03-11-2008, 03:20 AM
most peaceful barb?..

Lets see . . .Gold Barbs, Cherry Barbs, Checker Barbs in a tie. Six or eight or better of one of them and you're set. Checkers are the best looking, but they have to grow up to see all the colors. Gold barbs are a yellow gold, and really like to be around its fellows. Cherry Barbs don't school; they just sort of form loose aggregations. All of them do best in planted tanks if you go that route.

Dave

ILuvMyGoldBarb
03-11-2008, 03:25 AM
Can you tell my fav of the ones he listed??? LOL Seriously though, in every tank I've kept where I've had asian species, I've kept Gold Barbs and Cherry Barbs. I love both of them and they actually look rather stunning together. If you go for Cherry Barbs, try to find some really bright ones. Unfortunately since they are one of the easiest barbs to breed they have become overbred and a lot of the brilliance has been bred out of them. You probably won't find wild ones (at least you shouldn't) since they are all but extinct in their native Sri Lanka, but if you can get some that have been properly bred with a very broad gene pool then you can still get some incredible colored Cherry Barbs.

NickFish
03-14-2008, 11:49 AM
The ones Dave listed are all peaceful, but in my opinion the most peaceful barb are cherry barbs.
Not only are they peaceful, they're down right shy, timid, and will never get into a fight with any other fish, they don't even defend themselves.

sailor
03-14-2008, 11:53 AM
I saw the most brilliant red cherry barbs I have ever seen at a shop in Calgary AB. I asked the clerk there if they were dyed or geneticly altered in any way but he was not sure. They sure did look sharp. Please tell me they are not doing this to this great looking fish too.

Kaga's Kritters
03-14-2008, 12:37 PM
gold barbs are very nice....i have them living with balloon mollies and guppies.