PDA

View Full Version : New Angels

fins_n_fur
03-10-2008, 09:51 PM
Got some more fish this weekend, finally I have my 6 angelfish thumbs2: I have three pair: gold (really opalescent), striped, and black and they are adjusting to me and the tank rather well. I'm a bit worried that they aren't picking up to go to the surface of the water for their food. They attack the cory's sinking wafers, and I'm like, no, that's not yours, yours is floating on the top. The black ones are proving to be difficult to photograph LOL and appear to be the dominant pair of the tank:

I also had the delight and pleasure to meet none other than Fishalicious, who helped me pick my angels out (and who has taken a lot of time to help me source other fish and answer my noob questions). She is super nice and sweet and really is a walking, talking fish/aqua dictionary. I won't tell you how many fish she bought LOL. We met at a aquarium/terrarium fair here in Holland, the first one. I think we both were hoping for more stands, and more fish. About half of the fair was dedicated to reptiles and some of the LFS who had stands/booths, didn't have as much equipment/kit to buy as I had hoped. But, it was the first one, so with luck next year's will be bigger and better thumbs2:

smaug
03-10-2008, 09:55 PM
they are adorable!Congrats on meeting fishalicious.Is she as sweet in person as she is on line?

fins_n_fur
03-10-2008, 09:59 PM
Thanks, and yes, she's sweeter in person, if that's even possible :19:

Tolley
03-10-2008, 10:01 PM
Sounds like a fun time! The angelfish look awesome!!!!!

so come on how many did she buy?

angelcakes
03-10-2008, 10:27 PM
your angelfish are lovely :19:

Adrian
03-10-2008, 11:22 PM
Nice looking angels! I am partial to leopard angels myself, but I have gold, black lace, marbled, and my leopard.

I think angels are really pretty.

Fishalicious
03-10-2008, 11:43 PM
Ahhhhhhhhhh they are lovely!! They have really colored up and look happy.. also no fin damage which is fantastic...

Black Angelfish are always more dominant and slightly more aggressive...so they will most definately be the boss angels. I know what you mean with taking foto's of them.... they are the only fish I have I can never get nice pics of...

Thank you soooooo much also for your lovely words about me <blush, blush> I'm really flattered xxx I think very highly of you as well... you are one of the most clued up noobs I have ever come across and also one of the most patient :41:

I didn't buy thaaaat many fish LOL
10 x Corydoras Punctatus
10 x Boraras Maculatus
10 x Celestichthys margaritatus (got for free)
3 x Apisto eremnopyge :19: :19: (got for free)
12 x Caridina japonica (got for free)

Thank you so much for giving me a lift home - the fish thank you also thumbs2:

It was such a pleasure meeting you and I hope we meet up soon again x

AquaBANG
03-11-2008, 06:18 AM
the angels are cute. The community is coming up nicely Greg. Congrats. Keep us posted... so whats next on your stocking list?

fins_n_fur
03-11-2008, 09:50 AM
I didn't buy thaaaat many fish LOL
10 x Corydoras Punctatus
10 x Boraras Maculatus
10 x Celestichthys margaritatus (got for free)
3 x Apisto eremnopyge :19: :19: (got for free)
12 x Caridina japonica (got for free)

LOL, okay so you only bought half and the others were gifts LOL You still went home with way more fish than I did! I have to say I was tempted to pick up some punctatus on Sunday as they still had some, but I erred on the side of caution. My patience leves are building LOL slowly, but building.

Thanks for the compliments! Will for sure try to get more pictures during the week. They are now starting to come to the front of the tank when I go near the aquarium, but we're still not getting "you have to eat the floating food on the top or you will hungry". May have to try a new tactic there.

Here's what next, more or less in this order :18: :
* 1 or 2 Dekeyseria brachyura or butterfly or flounder pleco's (they change colour so that will be cool!)
* A prize pair of apisto cacatouides (triple reds, but they are a prolific pair and I'm not sure if I'm up to breeding or coping with fry)
* Some Rams, not sure of the quantity yet...
* Schooling fish (no idea, so still looking/researching)

jbeining75
03-11-2008, 11:46 AM
Nice new additions to the tank... Great looking Angels.. Good luck with them.

mitcore
03-12-2008, 09:45 AM
what great looking angels, and the middle picture is an altum, how very cool i am trying to breed the altums at the moment

congrats they are very pretty