PDA

View Full Version : Drag Goby Gone Wild?

Akapri
03-08-2008, 06:44 PM
Greetings all,

I am a def beginner, but the dragon goby, who will call, "goby" seems to have the wildest behavior i've ever seen. my children are trippin' on its behavior. sometimes it sleeps and looks as though it is dead, dead, dead!

Any ideas on this? Also, I think that goby had eyes and now cavities in lieu of...Hexa-disease or is it the dreaded "hole in the head" disease? Is goby suffering? Do fish feel pain...hmmm.

SOS call in its finest form...my children are inundating me with q&a from the fish zone!!!

Thanx all.

DragonGoby
03-10-2008, 01:28 PM
Hi, and welcome on AC...
i've a few question for you on the odd behavior of your Dragon Goby:
what kind of behavior? Agitated? or does it spend his time without moving?
Does it eat normally?
Can we have pics of what you called cavities or hole in the head (but if I remember correctly, cichlids are the great sufferer of this illness).
ANd the last but not the least : what are your water parameters?
pH?ammonia? nitrite? nitrate? Dragon Gobies are very sensitive about ammonia.
Did you cycle your aquarium before putting the fish in? Is there other fish in, with the D. G.?
What's your salinity in your brackish set up? And what's the size of your aquarium?
Type of substrate? Any cave where it can hide? They need a cave or a pipe, because they're shy fish... And can becam quiet skittish if they don't have their hidey hole...
I know, it's a lot of question, and I don't even give you an answer... But I can't (and most of the people here) give you any clue if I don't have an idea of the environment where your dragon goby live....
If you want more info, you have the free e-book here, where you can fin a bunch of good thing about aquarium in general.
Still best of luck with your fish and keep us informed...

Dragon cqzzzzz<
03-12-2008, 03:18 AM
The part about the goby sleeping, and looking dead, that's normal. Mine used to do that every now and then. He'd just sit there, even on his side. It scared the crap out of me, but now I know it's normal.
As for the holes in the head, I've never heard of anything like that. Pictures would be good. That and everything Dragon Goby asked for.