PDA

View Full Version : listless angelfish

jcf
10-10-2006, 01:27 PM
i have a 55 gallon tank with 5 large angelfish. lately i have noticed that one of the angelfish is staying at one corner of the aquarium near the surface of the water. the fish does not externally exhibit any signs of disease, but it is not eating. also it occaisionally leans towards one side and appears to make an effort to swim down into the middle of the tank. the other fish are not aggressive to the fish.

thanks

Lady Hobbs
10-10-2006, 02:58 PM
My angels tend to stick to the sides of the tank, as well. I have several smaller fish that swim about the center of the tank and thought possibly that was the reason.......that he wanted to stay away from them. I have two angels in separate tanks (fighters) and they both do that.

I would be concerned with him not eating, tho. Make sure your water conditions are good as they don't handle poor conditions well.

William
10-10-2006, 04:57 PM
How is the tank decorated? is the angel new to the tank?

jcf
10-11-2006, 01:37 PM
the angelfish was put in the tank the same time as the other angelfish.

the tank is decorated w/ artificial plants either side w/ some plants in the center.

the fish is usually in the far corner of the tank, close to the surface w/ fins drawn up to its body and occaisionally leaning. it will swim out into the middle of the tank once in a while.

thanks