PDA

View Full Version : Krib setup 55gal

dustinpedley
03-04-2008, 04:19 AM
i have a spare 55 gal cycling at the moment (I keep getting more tanks) and was wanting to do a krib setup but i have a few Q's i was gonna put em in my community tank but that doesn't sound like a good idea at this time and i have an extra tank so....

How many pairs?

What other fish can i get besides kribs?

gem
03-04-2008, 05:24 AM
Oh my.....an aquarist after my own heart. I have a 55 gal set up and have one pair of Kribensis in it. One pair is truly all you can safely get away with. I tried two pair at one point and it was war. And believe me I had plenty of cover for them.
You'll want to make sure, first of all they have plenty of caves. They are a bottom to mid (mostly bottom) dwelling fish and prefer a cave whether for spawning of just territory. You can keep other fihs in the tank with them. I would suggest though that you keep top level fast swimming tetras, like a good school of rummy nose. I keep red eyed tetras in with mine as well as German Blue rams.
Kribs can be very territorial especially when spawning, so be prepared. Provide lots of cover for other fish as well, like rocks and plants....etc.
As for community tank.....I wouldn't do that. Kribs are a bit too aggressive for community.

dustinpedley
03-04-2008, 09:16 PM
ok, so lets say i get a pair. do i need multiple caves? i was gonna do just one in the center to be my "showpiece". so how many should i have for a pair? also can i keep some cory's? maybe some larger ones like Brochis splendens or Brochis multiradiatus.

Nautilus291
03-04-2008, 09:20 PM
No corys I had to temporaly put my kribs in my 55g with corys and they attacked them I had to take them out right away.