PDA

View Full Version : anxious to stock ?

Pez
03-04-2008, 12:08 AM
My tank will get the rest of the LR tommorow to put me up to 20+lbs. I have a standard 20 gal. I am getting anxious to see something swiming around in it. Rightn know it has 3 snails and a blue legged crab, I am thinking about 2 clowns a watchman goby and a shrimp not in any particular order. Maybe one other small fish that could be recommended. Is this too much not enough or just right. After one species is introduced how long until another one can be put in the tank? The tank has been running good with all the numbers where they should be. Thanks PEZ Was looking at a crab also

karbomb
03-04-2008, 12:41 AM
barnacle blenny for another small fish suggestion. they are tiny and have huge teeth. they look like little monkey fish

Tigerbarb
03-04-2008, 12:52 AM
You could also get a firefish. They are cute.

sen5241b
03-04-2008, 03:11 PM
I had two large red clawed Hermit crabs and they did an excellent job of cleaning algae off every grain of sand and pebble in the tank but they like to attack every thing else. One killed the other! Get small hermit crabs! Just got my first two marine fish a few days ago and the orange tail blue damsel is quite entertaining. She dug this huge ditch in the sand yesterday. Damsels can be a bit aggressive --mine isn't.

Tigerbarb
03-04-2008, 03:39 PM
Be sure to post some pix as soon as possible of your new aquatic friends!
Good to hear about the damsel.

cocoa_pleco
03-04-2008, 11:29 PM
congrats!

my damsel isnt too bad either, he just beats up new fish for a day or two kinda like innitiation, then he leaves them alone