PDA

View Full Version : Animal cruelty

crackatinny
03-03-2008, 10:19 PM
Over the past couple of days there have been 2 videos posted showing animal cruelty.

PLEASE DO NOT post links to such video's on the forum.

smaug
03-03-2008, 10:29 PM
Thank you,Crack.

angelcakes
03-03-2008, 10:32 PM
thanks thumbs2:

siymdapolio
03-03-2008, 10:34 PM
Much appreciated, I have not come by these videos. Luckily....

jbeining75
03-03-2008, 10:34 PM
If one you are talking about was my post on the fish picture frame sorry.... I'm not sure it necessarily was but just in case.....:ssmile:

MeganL3985
03-03-2008, 10:35 PM
Yes, thanks Crack. I dont know about the videos posted, nor who posted them....but I think we can all agree that we know what types of animal cruelty are out there...and its not necessary to post videos of it. Especially since there are young members on here as well. Imagining it is hard enough....let alone to actually watch it or have proof of it sitting infront of you. Its just not a good thing all together.

MeganL3985
03-03-2008, 10:37 PM
If one you are talking about was my post on the fish picture frame sorry.... I'm not sure it necessarily was but just in case.....:ssmile:

I dont think that was what he was talking about. I think a lot of us have posted about the stupid gadgets people come up with, and the sell them as serious housing. I think he was talking about actual video footage of something.

jbeining75
03-03-2008, 10:38 PM
I dont think that was what he was talking about. I think a lot of us have posted about the stupid gadgets people come up with, and the sell them as serious housing. I think he was talking about actual video footage of something.

Oh okay. Yeah I don't post alot of things because I don't want to offend anyone.......

smaug
03-03-2008, 10:40 PM
I saw it,it was horrible and it involved a puppy.I still feel a little sick.

Drumachine09
03-03-2008, 10:42 PM
If you want to post something, like a video, but don't know if it is safe for the forums, PM a mod BEFORE you post it, and it will save both of us a lot of trouble.

If you want to post a picture or video of your fish eating a feeder, by all means you may. If it is a fairly graphic picture, don't IMG tag it, or attach it. Instead, host it somewhere, like photobucket, or imageshack, and then link to it with a WARNING clearly visible.

If anyone is interested in what video was posted, PM me and I will let you know, but I most certainly will not link you to the video.

Use common sense before you post. Not everyone on here is at the age where they can handle videos like what was posted, and frankly, I don't think I will ever be able to stomach that kind of garbage.

MeganL3985
03-03-2008, 10:42 PM
Well thats just flat out wrong whoever did post that.

shalafi04
03-03-2008, 11:15 PM
yeah i saw that video. wasnt sure what it was until i watched it. I dont think those videos should be shared because you're doing exactly what the abusers wanted.... getting hits on their video and its not really too appropriate for the forum... I totally, totally, agree

Treerat
03-04-2008, 12:55 AM
I'm glad I didnt see it.

Adrian
03-04-2008, 01:47 AM
Thanks Crack, I saw it, and I wish I hadn't seen it. It was terriable! Perhaps make a sticky out of this... before posting vids, check with mods or something.

Levi
03-04-2008, 02:30 AM
if it makes you feel any better, the entire internet is halfway up that guy's butt

he disconnected his phone, and his entire family set their bebo profiles to private

he wasn't the one who posted the video, someone else got ahold of it and posted it to expose him

Drumachine09
03-04-2008, 02:33 AM
Yeah. Through a bit of searching, I found his name/number (not that hard, if one were so inclined). I figured I'd use my skypein account to give it a ring, to see if it was right, but it was disconnected.

People like that make me sick.

Arkie
03-04-2008, 02:38 AM
im glad i didnt see it by the sounds of things. some people are really sick in the head.

MeganL3985
03-04-2008, 02:41 AM
Yeah. Through a bit of searching, I found his name/number (not that hard, if one were so inclined). I figured I'd use my skypein account to give it a ring, to see if it was right, but it was disconnected.

People like that make me sick.

Can anyone find out his name & address, so the video can be fwd over to the police and animal control?

cocoa_pleco
yeah, it wasnt a pretty video

gm72
Drum is being extremely kind here, so the posters in question should count their blessings. If I come across such a video here you'll be banned permanently without warning. Period.

Drumachine09
03-04-2008, 02:45 AM
I'm sure it has been taken care of already. A dishonorable discharge is in order.

If you still want it, PM me.

Levi
Can anyone find out his name & address, so the video can be fwd over to the police and animal control?

i have his full name, home address, and the now disconnected number

so does a large, unruly, unforgiving part of the internet

you should have seen his bebo before he locked it

hundreds and hundreds of comments

Drumachine09
I didn't think Americans used bebos.

Is it still visible?

sailor
03-04-2008, 02:52 AM
Drum is being extremely kind here, so the posters in question should count their blessings. If I come across such a video here you'll be banned permanently without warning. Period.
I don't think (at least I hope not) that the member put it up because he or she agreed with it. I think they posted it because they where in just as much shock as the rest of us were who saw it. Agreed it should not have been posted and was rightfully deleted but with maybe a warning to the member in a pm if it was a first offence of improper postings. That alone usually takes care of situations like that. I am sure that now that they have seen the stir it created and disaproval of all the other members, that they or anyone else will not make that mistake again.

Just my 2 cents on it.

Levi
03-04-2008, 02:53 AM
I didn't think Americans used bebos.

Is it still visible?

no, it isn't

i'm not very familiar with bebo, but i'm guessing it is set to private or something

SkarloeysMom
03-04-2008, 03:03 AM
I do not understand why anyone would post such a thing on AC!! :confused:

Levi
03-04-2008, 03:05 AM
yeah, i'm sorry

Incredulous_Ed
03-04-2008, 03:17 AM
I saw the vid, although I really wished I hadnt. I stopped it a few seconds through though. That guy in the vid needs to be pushed off a cliff.

shalafi04
03-04-2008, 05:06 AM

actually all that would be necessary is to contact the NCIS on a military base about the matter, if you knew which branch he was in. but if the video is down they wouldn't have a way of tracing him unless you had his information. He could at least loose rank, money, and be put on restriction for it.

digital3
03-04-2008, 06:30 AM
I'm sure glad I never saw these things. Thanks for protecting the community mods! :-)

gm72
03-04-2008, 12:23 PM
I don't think (at least I hope not) that the member put it up because he or she agreed with it. I think they posted it because they where in just as much shock as the rest of us were who saw it. Agreed it should not have been posted and was rightfully deleted but with maybe a warning to the member in a pm if it was a first offence of improper postings. That alone usually takes care of situations like that. I am sure that now that they have seen the stir it created and disaproval of all the other members, that they or anyone else will not make that mistake again.

Just my 2 cents on it.

I hear you and appreciate your opinion, but mine stands.

Fishalicious
03-04-2008, 01:02 PM
I am also so happy I didn't see them... unfortunately animals suffer everyday at the hands of complete idiots who need to be locked up for life .

Watching an animal suffer however is really not something I need to see (i know it goes on in the world and that is bad enough) If I see something like that it upsets me for days...

So thank you for mentioning here to stop the showing or linking to these videos xxxxxxx

Blue Ram
03-04-2008, 05:35 PM
I'm glad i didnt see it!!! Sounds disgusting!

Rue
03-04-2008, 05:42 PM
I've seen too many animal abuse cases...don't want to see any more...I know it happens...but it makes me sick to my stomach...

I wish the powers that be would up the ante...give punishments that actually deter...even if it doesn't stop all of it...every idiot that thinks about abusing an animal, and then doesn't...it's worth it for that particular animal...

shalafi04
03-04-2008, 07:44 PM
on the bright side... the Marine Corps is now investigating the video we all saw. And the Marine responsible may even face discharge for his actions. The Marine Corps is not happy with him, good on them, he is gonna have to answer for his actions; as he should.

Rue
03-04-2008, 07:45 PM
That was a marine? Geez!

I'm glad the Corps is on him then!

MeganL3985
03-04-2008, 10:57 PM
I think I just heard about this on the news....they didnt show anything about it though before my husband so rudely turned the channel. But I dont think they would've shown it on tv.

Fishalicious
03-04-2008, 11:13 PM
It has made worldwide news now.. it is in the daily newspaper in the UK The Sun as well. They are investigating and know who the Marine is .. let's hope he get's the punishment he deserves (I still haven't watched it)

gm72
03-04-2008, 11:36 PM
I haven't watched it either and don't care to. If it involves animal cruelty the guy or gal should hang.

cocoa_pleco
03-04-2008, 11:39 PM
they video got removed from youtube for violation!

gm72
03-04-2008, 11:46 PM
Good.

There are very few things in this world that truly anger me. Violence against (in no particular order as they are all on par with one another) women, children, and animals.

jbeining75
03-04-2008, 11:51 PM
they video got removed from youtube for violation!

It is still there Cocoa... The guys name address and phone number for his home and cell are there too... He is stationed at Kaneohe Marine Corp Base in Hawaii....

I wish I was still in Hawaii.... He better not leave post... The locals will murder him.... He is going to be a hermit over there......

crackatinny
03-04-2008, 11:53 PM
I did not actually see it myself, Drum saved me from that.

I am apalled that Utube is still hosting it though.

cocoa_pleco
03-04-2008, 11:57 PM
It is still there Cocoa... The guys name address and phone number for his home and cell are there too... He is stationed at Kaneohe Marine Corp Base in Hawaii....

I wish I was still in Hawaii.... He better not leave post... The locals will murder him.... He is going to be a hermit over there......

maybe theres 2 of them? i bookmarked the original one posted to show someone how cruel it was, and it says "this video has been removed due to violation"

jbeining75
03-04-2008, 11:58 PM
I did not actually see it myself, Drum saved me from that.

I am apalled that Utube is still hosting it though.

they killed the main ones crack... You tube will not host videos like that and they shouldn't...... the problem is people post it under their account also..... You tube will have it completely gone soon.....

MeganL3985
03-04-2008, 11:59 PM
They probably arent knowingly hosting it. Its probably just taking a long time for them to track the videos. People can list them under different names, which would take longer to search. Usually they just count on reports from other members who flag the video as in bad taste or in violation of the rules.

Levi
03-05-2008, 12:00 AM
do you honestly want a link to the re-uploaded one coco?

i'll pm you a page that will usually have the current one up if you really want

cocoa_pleco
03-05-2008, 12:01 AM
naw, its okay, i can find it

jbeining75
03-05-2008, 12:04 AM
They probably arent knowingly hosting it. Its probably just taking a long time for them to track the videos. People can list them under different names, which would take longer to search. Usually they just count on reports from other members who flag the video as in bad taste or in violation of the rules.

Yeah I flagged the three I found....

The guy is from Washington state... The news reports said the family has received over a hundred death threats.... It sucks the family is taking all the heat.... The sister said he has always been a dog and animal lover.......I just don't see that though.....

I'm with gm here... Anyone that abuses women, children, or animals needs hung or shot in the kneecap haha....

cocoa_pleco
03-05-2008, 12:39 AM
some people say its fake though, and its a fake puppy with dubbed sound

jbeining75
03-05-2008, 12:40 AM
some people say its fake though, and its a fake puppy with dubbed sound

Even so he still needs punished for even replicating something like that.....

MeganL3985
03-05-2008, 01:21 AM
Even so he still needs punished for even replicating something like that.....

I totally agree, even if it is fake thats totally uncalled for and unecessary. Just over all in bad taste.

Drumachine09
03-05-2008, 03:25 AM
If anyone is interested, here is a link with more info.

BE WARNED, there is some strong language in the comments section:

http://www.infowars.com/?p=582

cocoa_pleco
03-05-2008, 03:58 AM

jbeining75
03-05-2008, 04:24 AM
This guy is screwed for basically the rest of his life.......... I love it!!!!!

Levi
03-05-2008, 04:49 AM
If anyone is interested, here is a link with more info.

BE WARNED, there is some strong language in the comments section:

oh hey, infowars

good for you

hpt84
03-05-2008, 05:38 PM
I question whether the video is fake or not. The puppy was motionless. Usually when I pick up my toy size dog, he would make some motion while i'm holding him. By the look of the video it look like the marine was holding the puppy by his/her hair. Imagine how painful that would be. I don't see how the puppy would be still and quiet. The weeping didn't sound realistic to me, but then again i barely ever hear a dog weep. The only time my dog ever weep is because of pain (i accidentally step on his paws a few time) and not fear. The only time time that it weep was when it was in the air. It was not in pain, so I don't see why it would be weeping. I honestly hope that the puppy was fake for the sake of the puppy. It would make me feel better to know that no animal was harm.

None the less, even if it was a fake puppy, the idea is still there. He is sick and deserve punishment.

Here is a more detail article of the situation.
http://heraldnet.com/article/20080303/NEWS01/367822819

Fishalicious
03-05-2008, 06:28 PM
A lot of puppies are motionless when picked up at the scruff as well as kittens - most vets also hold them that way as it keeps them still. I still haven't watched it so cannot comment if it looks real or not

fins_n_fur
03-05-2008, 06:29 PM
Fake or not, the mere thought it is extremely disturbing, disgusting, and revolting. When I first clicked on the link, and then saw the title, I stopped immediately. Even though I did not watch the clip, everytime I thought of it (when reminded by seeing this thread pop-up or other times) I think of the violence that humans do to each other and to defense animals... and am sickened and appalled. Will we ever evolve as a species?

hpt84
03-05-2008, 06:47 PM
Fake or not, the mere thought it is extremely disturbing, disgusting, and revolting. When I first clicked on the link, and then saw the title, I stopped immediately. Even though I did not watch the clip, everytime I thought of it (when reminded by seeing this thread pop-up or other times) I think of the violence that humans do to each other and to defense animals... and am sickened and appalled. Will we ever evolve as a species?
Of all the animals, man is the only one that is cruel. He is the only one that inflicts pain for the pleasure of doing it.
- "The Lowest Animal" (Mark Twain).

Levi
03-05-2008, 07:02 PM
a puppy or a baby wolf will usually go quiet when picked up by the scruff of the neck

that's how it's mother would pick it up, it doesn't hurt

also, if you look closely, i think his front paws are zip-tied together :(

smaug
03-05-2008, 09:22 PM
I questioned/hoped in my mind that the vid was not real,I did watch it because my curiosity got the best of me[its a flaw].It was a real vid,and the soldier who did it and the one who did the taping should be drummed out of the service on a rail.As` an x Marine I am very sensitive to the bad rap many of our troops get,it is thouroughly repulsive to me to think that someone could disgrace the uniform in such a fashion.

cocoa_pleco
03-06-2008, 02:04 AM
i found a CNN thing on the video, they say its probably real and the person who did it + the person who taped it will get discharged

kitten3326
03-06-2008, 11:54 AM
I am very dishearted that anyone could do such a thing, I refused to watch the video as I am sure I would become very angry. My husband is a police officer and has seen his share of violence against people and animals. I truly believe that anyone who hurts an animal should recieve the same punishment as anyone who hurts a person. These are living creatures, they feel the same pain, the same hurt and the same happiness as people. I truly believe he should not only be dishonorerbly discharged, but also charged and sent to prison for his participation in this video, along with the one who videotaped the incident. Someone should do the same thing to them as he did to that dear little puppy. I do not think the issue that it might be a fake even matters, the fact that someone could even think of doing something that horrible really shows the kind of mentally he possesses. If you could do something like that to an animal you could seriously hurt a person and you should be removed from society.

Just my opinion of course.

(animal lover with 3 cats, 2 dogs, 2 kids and a husband)

hpt84
03-06-2008, 01:08 PM
I'm hoping that it is fake not for the sake of the marine but the puppy. Even if it is fake, I'm hoping PETA can come up with some kind of charge.

kitten3326
03-06-2008, 01:36 PM
I'm hoping that it is fake not for the sake of the marine but the puppy. Even if it is fake, I'm hoping PETA can come up with some kind of charge.

I to am hoping that it was not a real puppy, I would hate for something like that to happen to any living creature. He disgusts me and just thinking about it makes me sick. I have no pitty for anyone like that and I so agree with you, I hope and pray they can charge him with something, what kind of a human would do something like that. My husband says nothing shocks him anymore. He was on patrol and found someone hanging a pup from a tree, he charged him and took the pup to the vet had him checked and he brought him home to live with us. It was several months after that we found out our son was severely allergic to him and we found him a home on a farm and they still call and let us know how he is doing and we even visited him 2 or 3 times. They are an older couple and love that little fella like he was their child. Thank god for people like them ( there was a happy ending for him anyway)

Lady Hobbs
03-08-2008, 05:28 AM
What bothers me is this poor pup has no chance to began with. Who will feed and care for it in that war torn area? But to have one of our own soldiers show so little compassion really makes our troops look bad with that video shown around the world. It was on the news about 20 times.

Of course the puppy was real. It would not make world news to throw a stuffed dog and this dog yelped when it hit the ground.