PDA

View Full Version : First experience with Hikari

Ocellatus
03-02-2008, 11:42 PM
Well finally I got hikari!! theres no hikari or NLS here and no online shipping. today a friend brought me a pack of 250gr hikari cichlid gold from USA. he couldn't find bio-gold+ or NLS but I think gold is better than nothing! isn't it?

most of my fish like BPs, GTs, severum, flowerhorn and baby oscar ate it very well. but picky ones have some problems, I have to work on them! one of the red devils that is extremely picky didn't take it at all (and I guess she will never take it )
the other RD took some but not much. oscar parents also took some pellets then started to spit out the next ones. they had the same story with Tetra cichlid but after a few days they accustomed to it and now like it very much.

also I've got some Sera Flowerhorn recently to feed my FH and RDs.

Bassfan
03-02-2008, 11:48 PM
Cool blu-ray.. hikari gold is ok but there is better food. But the gold is still good, just not as good.

jbeining75
03-02-2008, 11:48 PM
They will all get hungry at some time Blu-ray. Eventually they will all take it.. Good luck with the food...

cocoa_pleco
03-03-2008, 12:07 AM
congrats! after trying all of the high-end foods ive found hikari to be the best

Incredulous_Ed
03-03-2008, 08:38 PM
Just dont feed for around a day or two and they will take the food.

angelcakes
03-03-2008, 08:41 PM
hikari all the way!!!!!!!!thumbs2:

Tooch
03-03-2008, 08:44 PM
My fish love the Hakari... Even my Piranha

Ocellatus
03-14-2008, 09:07 PM
after near 2 weeks, now all my fish like hikari, except that picky RD that i told about it. she only eats Biomar pellets ( thats a french fish food, breeders here use it for its fast growth rate because high amount of protein it has ) I have tried many things but she doesn't take anything else. hikari, tetra, sera, beefheart mix, fish, shrimp, .... she won't take them even after 2 weeks of hunger.

anyway, I'm happy my other fish all like hikari.

also i've noticed more red color on my flowerhorn since i feed him hikari gold and sera flowerhorn in these days. ( along my frozen mix of beefheart, fish, shrimp, vegies and etc. )

Rue
03-14-2008, 09:12 PM
What brands of food can you get easily in Iran?

Lady Hobbs
03-14-2008, 09:38 PM
Mine do well on it, as well, and I like it because it floats. Doesn't end up laying on the bottom and the fish seem to eat it easier then having to grub for it. Easier on the plants, too. :)

Blue Ram
03-14-2008, 10:25 PM
I have had good luck with hikari foods!

Ocellatus
03-15-2008, 01:53 AM
What brands of food can you get easily in Iran?
Rue, there are some Chinese and Iranian foods that they are all piece of crap! the only good quality fish foods we can find here are Tetra and Sera from Germany. even sometimes they become rare or they are all expired and no non-expired one in the LFSs! also the price is more than their original price.

many people here use their own frozen beefheart mixture for their fish. the last one I made some days ago contains beef heart, fish, shrimp, spinach, pea, carrot, garlic, red pimento, crushed fish foods of tetra, sera, biomar, hikari gold, crushed multi-vitamin pills, cereal powder, and etc!

for now I use that mix, tetra cichlid granules, sera flowerhorn granules, biomar pellets, hikari gold pellets, I give them to all my fish.

yes Hobbs floating foods rock! I like my hikari for that too. but the bad point in one of my tanks is that my BPs are a bit shy to get the food from the water surface so GTs and severum get almost all floating pellets in that tank!

also I like that because my one-eye-blind young oscar will finally see and get them on the surface and they don't get buried in gravels!

Nick89
03-15-2008, 11:10 PM
Ok, i finally got my username to work again. But yeah today i switched from nls to hikari. I didnt notice a change with the nls after feeding it for over a month. So today i got some hikari medium gold pellets and he likes them. And i think my water will be cleaner with the gold pellets not being a sinking pellet. I think hikari is the best brand out there. Their Gold pellets are top notch.