PDA

View Full Version : My cichlids..

ryan2107
03-02-2008, 07:24 PM
Well i got 2 cichlids about a week ago and slowly reanranging my 60 gallon to a lake malawi setup with more rocks then what it has now but its ok for the 2 cichlids..

one is a OB peacock and the other now 100% positive..

Now i got a few questions as i asked on other forums...

1.What other lake malawi fish can i mix with my 2 peacocks...
2.Can i mix a electric blue (african cichlid)..
3.How many max africans can I have in my 60 gallon..

(and i know i need more rocks but it will happen soon..

any other opinions will be appriciated tthanks..

jbeining75
03-02-2008, 07:27 PM
You may need more rock and get rid of the pleco... He will get attacked in an african tank. They like to pick the eyes out.... You could get 12-15 africans in a 60 gallon. They should be a little more packed than most fish to combat aggression...

ryan2107
03-02-2008, 08:07 PM
You may need more rock and get rid of the pleco... He will get attacked in an african tank. They like to pick the eyes out.... You could get 12-15 africans in a 60 gallon. They should be a little more packed than most fish to combat aggression...

thanks for the quick reply yeah about the pleco i know there is agression but so far the cichlids havent even harmed him when i get more afrricans and there is agression to him i will remove him asap...

and for the rocks i will be getting mroe of them to creat more caves and different gravel more natural looking..

thanks agian

ryan2107
03-02-2008, 08:08 PM

thanks for the quick reply yeah about the pleco i know there is agression but so far the cichlids havent even harmed him when i get more afrricans and there is agression to him i will remove him asap...

and for the rocks i will be getting mroe of them to creat more caves and different gravel more natural looking..

thanks agian

ryan2107
03-02-2008, 08:08 PM

thanks agian

jbeining75
03-02-2008, 08:10 PM
Yup just create alot of seperate territories. Small groups will establish in the territories and keep the tank calmer... The pleco will outgrown the 60 gallons either way... Good luck...

ryan2107
03-02-2008, 08:33 PM
yeah 24" something like that I'll take him back when i get my other cichlids in a few weeks....

also what kind of peacock is the one in the third picture?

jbeining75
03-02-2008, 08:46 PM
It is hard to tell. Fishguy would probably know....

I have no clue....

sailor
03-02-2008, 10:47 PM
The third pic is hard to tell as most of the peacocks look very similiar when they are still juvies.

Dixie
03-02-2008, 11:47 PM
Love the 2 peacocks. Very pretty. What is the fish in middle pic?
I don't know about peacocks but my mbuna cichlids and plecos started out in the tank together when they were small and get along fine. I was told to do it like that and it should be ok. When they are older it's hard to introduce a pleco in. I'll keep mine until they get to big then hope I can find someone to take them.

Dixie
03-02-2008, 11:53 PM
Oh as for others to mix with the peacocks... the only thing I know of that is suppose to be ok is yellow labs (Labidochromis caeruleus) and more peacocks.

ryan2107
03-03-2008, 03:56 AM
Oh as for others to mix with the peacocks... the only thing I know of that is suppose to be ok is yellow labs (Labidochromis caeruleus) and more peacocks.

oh ok thanks...yeah i was told the same about the pleco and both my cichlids are yound and same as my pleco.

ryan2107
03-03-2008, 07:26 AM
ok i was doing some research and it seems that my orange peacock is a OB peacock and my blue one is a Kenyi i think beacuuse i found one that looks like it...anyways to my questions i did some research and these fish seem compatible with my 2 cichlids i have

1.Lavender Bbuna or rusty cichlid
2.blue peacock.
3.Red top hongi
4.red zebra
5.sunshine peacock
6 yellow tail acei

and it was also saying a good mixing species for peacocks are the hapiochromis species.........

Dixie
03-04-2008, 01:02 AM
I don't think that fish is a kenyi. I have a male and 2 female kenyi. It's kinda the color of the female kenyi but the stripes aren't right. Unless it's mixed with something else.