PDA

View Full Version : Goldfish Injury

shalafi04
03-02-2008, 04:34 PM
so my little red oranda, albert, came up to eat yesterday and I noticed this little patch on his side, at first I freaked out because I thought it was fungus, but than it turned out that it was his scales upraised. It looks like wee the attack goldfish has struck again. If you recall, Wee attacked and killed both of my angelfish... :c11:

So I have put Albert in a 10g hospital and am treating him with Malafex (spl?)
He was doing okay this yesterday when i first put him in, but today he was hiding from me and I was really scared that he had died! I have gravel and a little coconut hut in there for him to rest in, He was in the coconut hiding. When I moved it, he came running out and swam around real fast, didnt touch his food, and than went back inside the coconut to avoid the world.

Do you think he'll be okay?? Its a very tiny little bite... but it was bleeding when I found him, thats my biggest concern. Beings goldfish are so "dirty" I know he's highly at risk for infection. Should the hospital be heated to a certain temp or anything special. I have a HOB filter on it with no carbon media. (boo carbon) What else can I do for him???

sailor
03-02-2008, 04:41 PM
I would take the gravel out of the hospital tank as it will make it easier to keep clean. I wouldn't put a heater in as goldfish are a cold water fish.

shalafi04
03-02-2008, 08:18 PM
well the reason i was gonna put a heater in is because its in the garage and it gets like 45 degrees here at night.

shalafi04
03-02-2008, 08:18 PM
double post... .grrr