PDA

View Full Version : Diy Co2

sailor
03-02-2008, 03:45 PM
I am going to build a diy co2 system. What is the best way to secure the air lines that go through the varius bottle caps.

Thanks in advance

Adrian
03-02-2008, 03:52 PM
The best way? Or the easiest way?

LOL, well, I have found that if you drill a hole in the cap one size smaller than the air line tubing, then make a slight cut on the tube. You are able to pull the tubing thru the hole making an air tight seal. Easiest, and most cost effective.

If you want to get technical about it, you can use bulkhead fittings, that actually have a nut on the other end to tighten them up. I found that in the hobby industry, specifically the rc airplane world, they have these fittings for a few dollars. They use them for fuel line fittings, but they are superb for no leaks.

Here is the site where you can get those fittings.

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?Q=1&I=LXG849&P=M

hpt84
03-03-2008, 03:14 PM
The best way? Or the easiest way?

LOL, well, I have found that if you drill a hole in the cap one size smaller than the air line tubing, then make a slight cut on the tube. You are able to pull the tubing thru the hole making an air tight seal. Easiest, and most cost effective.

If you want to get technical about it, you can use bulkhead fittings, that actually have a nut on the other end to tighten them up. I found that in the hobby industry, specifically the rc airplane world, they have these fittings for a few dollars. They use them for fuel line fittings, but they are superb for no leaks.

Here is the site where you can get those fittings.

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?Q=1&I=LXG849&P=M
Took the words out of my mouth.

PUNISHER VETTE
03-03-2008, 04:49 PM
i also had the hole slightly smaller which helps but had leaks so i used hot glue. One of the bottles still leaks but i only need one anyway so i just use the good one.

You can probably use some sort of glue to help make a nice seal.