PDA

View Full Version : Successful spawn, need help

Adrian
03-02-2008, 03:46 AM
Okay...kinda excited here...like maybe a whole lot. My male dwarf has successfully spawned with the females in my tank. I have seen the eggs get blown up into the nest, and seen them float to the top.

Now, how long before I can move them? Meaning to they hatch? Can it be safe to move them once they hatch? What do I feed them? BBS or smaller?

Wow, never had this happen before. Last time he ate them. Does he take care of them, like cichlids, or does he abandon them?

Help please

jbeining75
03-02-2008, 03:48 AM
Remove the parents when the eggs hatch........ brine shrimp and very very finely crushed flakes for food. When the fry are 1/2 and showing structure introduce them back to the community.. Good luck... Some pics if possible...

Adrian
03-02-2008, 04:12 AM
How long does it take for the eggs to hatch? I had to move them to another container as he was starting to have caviar on the brain. He wasn't protecting them either. They had to be moved.

Any advice?

Dave66
03-02-2008, 04:18 AM
Adrian,
Read this here (http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aquariumforum/showthread.php?t=17459). You'll need to start the Infusoria as soon as you possibly can or you'll lose all the fry to starvation. It'll be at least 10 days until they can take Rotifers, and another week before BBS.
You'll have to order the Paramecium from that site now, and start the culture per my directions. If the window is bright and the temp at 80 degrees, you might just make it with a ripe culture in four days, just in time for the fry to be free swimming. Good luck.

Dave