PDA

View Full Version : I need help w/ picking a species!

FishGuy80
03-01-2008, 07:38 PM
I currently have a 30 gallon planted tank and was hoping for some suggestions as to what other animals I could add to it. The tank is cold-water, though here in Orlando it never gets below the AC setting of 72, and has a sand bottom. I currently have one yellow applesnail and 3 hardy goldfish. The goldfish were originally just to cycle the tank, but they didn't die and I had gotten attached by that point. There are lots of river stones and driftwood in the tank for something to hide in as well. I would prefer something that could "earn its keep" by helping to keep the tank clean. Any suggestions you can offer would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

gm72
03-01-2008, 08:10 PM
3 goldfish already indicates a tank that is going to be overstocked as they grow. If anything some of your existing fish need to go. No more additions unfortunately.

ShadowsTeardrop
09-12-2011, 03:45 AM
If you are really wanting tank mates I would recommend some cherry shrimp. The cherry shrimp will eat the algae clean the plants and eat the dead plant limbs. Be weary they will breed fairly quickly but only last about 2 years

Brhino
09-12-2011, 03:48 AM
this thread is three and a half years old.